W124 Equal Mirrors.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palmer

Car
OM606 W124 Saloon.
How can i make my mirrors equal?

Are there any other models such as the SL, 190 etc of that era that will fit? Annoys the hell out of me being different sizes....

No mate they were the same
The only way is to buy a mirror from a lhd car

I did that with my first S124. Got a LHD passenger side mirror from Mercman. Had to take out the electric adjustment as it didn't have sufficient movement for the drivers side. Also got myself a highly convex mirror glass (I think from a Transit) and got the local glazier to cut it to my template. Works great with a much better field of view than the old narrow one.

If it's the large square one you want I still have it in the garage somewhere ;)

I did that with my first S124. Got a LHD passenger side mirror from Mercman. Had to take out the electric adjustment as it didn't have sufficient movement for the drivers side. Also got myself a highly convex mirror glass (I think from a Transit) and got the local glazier to cut it to my template. Works great with a much better field of view than the old narrow one.

If it's the large square one you want I still have it in the garage somewhere ;)

Would have been less hassle to poke your left eye out with a stick.

Yeh Bruce but a lot less fun. What's a car for if you can't mess with it somewhere? Alter it, make things, mess it up then take it to Concours and really piss-off the purists.

Last edited:
Yeh Bruce but a lot less fun. What's a car for if you can't mess with it somewhere? Alter it, make things, mess it up then take it to Concours and really piss-off the purists.

Never a truer word spoken.

I love the funny quips on the 124 Enthusiasts page as the 'why' they had different sized mirrors to begin with. As we all know the original design request was offered up by Hughie Green. What was he thinking?

He did a dry run with an eye-patch and a parrot but the latter kept saying "Who's an ugly boy then" so he moved on to greater things...

Just looked .Even though the drivers mirror is electric. It will still be smaller than passengers side . You might get a small one to match the passengers side off a left hand drive car . I think i put that down right .

Just looked .Even though the drivers mirror is electric. It will still be smaller than passengers side . You might get a small one to match the passengers side off a left hand drive car . I think i put that down right .

You are making my head hurt ;^)

It's your choice. If you prefer two larger mirrors then you need one from a LHD passenger side. If it's the small size you like you need the drivers mirror from a LHD car. Once you have decided then both mirrors will be the same size. I went for the larger square mirror both sides and what I'm saying about the electric operation is that when it's fitted into that position (on a RHD car) there is insufficient adjustment range on the electric motor to allow it to show the road to the rear. The remedy is to remove the electric operation and push it into position with your thumb. Tron would love this. :D

He did a dry run with an eye-patch and a parrot but the latter kept saying "Who's an ugly boy then" so he moved on to greater things...

My parrot has more sense than to say such things; it not wanting to be included in the Monty Python cast list.

I want the same thats on the drivers side, both sides.

LHD passenger mirror it is!

I quite like the asymmetric look, have it on my 190.

I think it adds character to them. :)

So you want the narrow mirror on both sides? Then you'll need the LHD drivers mirror.

See post #13.

I was still thinking the passenger side from RHD! LHD drivers. Like this one?

Ebay item

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom