W124 estate cladding removal and jacking points

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RKC-benz

Car
S124 E280 Est (Storm Trooper variant), R129 SL320, Hiace campervan
It was always the plan to take off the lower cladding on my white W124. We would be looking for damage to the door surfaces where the cladding rubs and for jacking point condition. Today it was started and the news is half and half. The overall impression was of dirt behind there making the car look scruffy; one very minor scab on the driver's door panel (this was already peeping over the top of the cladding but there was nothing significant below); and three out of four jacking points on the sills looking ropey. image-3175582959.jpg

I will add more photos slowly but surely.

image-2026822598.jpg

An alright one

Last edited:
image-3586132146.jpg

This is the small scab of rust that was appearing just above the cladding on the driver's door.

Last edited:
image-443179840.jpg

Hmmmm...

Last edited:
image-828818514.jpg

And this is the bad one ...

image-1521666967.jpg

Ouch ... The scene of the crime! This will get welded, rust treated, painted, waxoyled, etc

I'm in South Birmingham - not so far away. Mine will be back from the paint shop on Tuesday...

It will then go to have the rest of the paintwork reconditioned, polished (not "detailed" really because the old blemishes will be left) and sealed for some Pledge-standard sheen! Then audio, graphics, new cycle roof rack and some driving! Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom