W124 estate Leaking interior sills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash-Benz

Car
Mercedes W124 E300td
Hi guys. I've got a w124 estate. When it rains heavily, I have water dripping in from the drivers side above the door sill, and the same above the tailgate. How do I resolve this? Many thanks guys. Ash

are their any rips or tears in your seals?

Can't see any rips but there is a fair bit of black dust. Does this mean the seals are perishing somewhere?

Do you have a sunroof? Blocked or perished drains can cause water to drip from the top corner by the sun visor making it look as though its coming over the sill. Sunroof front drains exit behind the A pillar. Easy to test by putting some water in the sunroof channel. Tailgate is likely to be the seal on the opening or the window seal. The rear side window seals perish and let water in which can look as if its coming from the tailgate. Its "fun" chasing leaks on these old cars. Good luck

info

Remove door card and see if the plastic membain is water tight.This is the cover that covers all the holes in the face of the door.

Thanks for the advice. Speaking if door cards, I'm installing some leather door cards this weekend to match the seats. I've heard it's important to securely seal the plastic inside. Is this an easy process? Thanks

Plastic membranes should be easy to replace if damaged. Just get a sheet of plastic from a diy shop and a can of contact adhesive. Cut to size and stick in place.

There are plenty of threads about leaky w124 estates. Do a search and you'll plenty of info on the usual places for leaks and how to fix them.

Good luck with it. Water leaks are major pita to find and fix.

You can still get the weather curtain from MB, I stuck mine to the door card rather than the door itself. MUCH easier access and it does the same job....

Info

wdb i dont think so .They are made to fit to the door, so any rain that falls down in the door, stops inside the door cavity.If you have put yours to the card, then it wont stop water getting inside your car .You want to remove the door card , and refit to the door. From new i have never seen one on the door card.

screwfix sells rolls of green plastic membrane which would be ideal for this.

Cards are dry, they cost about 5 pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom