W124 Exterior Trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palmer

Car
OM606 W124 Saloon.
Has anyone ever coded the trim on W124? Mine has the amg front bumper - plans are to have the amg kit all round.

I did debate about colour coding the door trim, door handles and boot trims. But think it will be ''too white''

Toying with the idea of gloss black on the trims instead

Door handles, door trim, wing mirrors

20161227_215543_zpsquujtqp5.jpg

And the rear boot trims

20161227_215640_zpswhflom13.jpg

With the amg kit sills will be white anyway

The issue with the handles is that the paint is likely to chip very quickly. I would leave as is or get some stick-on covers from ebay. They are cheap and do actually look OK. Your bumpers are already painted? The raised insert would be black/grey, virgin plastic, and is not always painted from the factory.

I would leave the bump strips. The car will look very slab sided if all white (you are fitting white sills). The other option is to simply wrap them with vinyl to see how they look first.

Why would the handle paint chip easily?

Im half tempted to to the front and rear bumper trim black as well, not sure im a fan of them being painted like mine has.

Why would the handle paint chip easily?

Well just take a look at the factory painted door handles? They are normally scratched and chipped. They are about the only bit of painted bodywork that gets constant touching. Rings, watches and fingernails can do a lot of damage to paint. Hence why most cars come with raw plastic handles and lots of people make lots of money from selling stick on covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom