W124 grill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palmer

Car
OM606 W124 Saloon.
I like the avantgarde style but cant seem to find any for a pre facelift. Anyone know anywhere? Or any other grill styles?

Hi

Good quality ones, are getting harder and harder to source now, in any style. Also be warned the price of re-chroming has also rocketed. I just had three quotes all in advance of £300. There are 'new' ones advertised on ebay for £50ish but I have been reliably informed that they are normally plastic and look like plastic when in place.

Asking here is a good start or, try on the Facebook 124 enthusiasts group - which you should join for general help etc.

I have managed to get hold of a stock grille for my pre-facelift from there, they are around.

I have seen a few that have had the insert painted to match the body colour or just in a darker/black shade. That can look good. Some look awful though ;^)

I painted my insert the same grey as my lower sills - Gallinit Grau. It was so faded it was impossible to tell what colour it would have been originally. The plastic (once faded) does not respond to the usual revival chemicals/potions - including Gtechniq.

Good luck.

None of the ones off ebay will fit my pre facelift, i bought one a year ago ish. Already gone rusty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom