W124 gtg in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Will:The whole point to this thread is for w124 owners,otherwise we would just come to the Brooklands gtg.
So if those gtg you`ve been with the 190 guys,why is 190s only on the pic?
That`s all we`re trying to do here :thumb::)

I went to the 190 GTG at the Ace Cafe with my CLK55, and another member came in a W210 E55, R129 SL etc :thumb:

There was a C32 themed GTG at Brooklands a few years ago too, plenty of non-C32 owners attended - didn't stop the C32 guys having their group photos or chatting about the cars though.

I think it'd be a shame to turn away friendly MBClub members because of a specific chassis code rule... :rolleyes: Perhaps some of them are ex-124 owners or may buy one in the future :)

Will

You guys might want to look at using "the Half Way House" on the A127, just 2 miles off the M25 in Essex. We use it over in MBOA for regular GTG. It has a big car park, food is decent and reasonably priced.

I feel the theme should be kept to 124 as much as possible as all us 124 owners want to keep abreast of how these machines perform, especially when they get to those higher miles.

It needs ALL condition 124's to be representative of the marque.

For example I am definately in the "driver not polisher catagory" and I have 3 rusty wings at 170,000 miles in my 95 E320 coupe - but, you will not find a more sound 124 mechanically.

I feel the theme should be kept to 124 as much as possible as all us 124 owners want to keep abreast of how these machines perform, especially when they get to those higher miles.

It needs ALL condition 124's to be representative of the marque.

For example I am definately in the "driver not polisher catagory" and I have 3 rusty wings at 170,000 miles in my 95 E320 coupe - but, you will not find a more sound 124 mechanically.

Ok ok you might have one more rusty wing than me but i raise you 10k miles, 187,500 miles and still going strong, like yours i have spent all my time making sure the car is as mechanically sound as possible. :D

Left 200K behind some time ago now:eek: 208,418 is the current reading on my 300TD. You really would not know though if you did not look at the clock. Not forgetting the 277K on my 220TE. Which by the way, will be up for sale soon:thumb: So if anyone fancies taking a car through the 300K barrier the 220TE can be yours for a reasonable sum. Pictures and details in the "for sale" part of the forum week after next. Looking forward to the London gig, I'll be in "scruffs" corner. Is there a prize for the most workaday beast? and yes I am refering to the cars:D

If you have your gtg at the Ace, you stand a good chance of the Boss turning up with his wicked car.

He is a Stanmore boy so he is well local.

We'll have to get the boss to do some travelling in that car!

Yes I'd like to see the boss there too and once he unloads his car off the trailer we can have a good look at it!! Only kidding boss:devil: - come along do.

I actually gave my 300TE a good wash and changed the oil/filter yesterday. Did around 150 miles of motorway driving too - what a car!

(still not bringing it though :p)

Will

So when and where is it then ?

Might grace you with a visit from the V8 raspberry if i'm not working ;)

count me in as well guys :))
when and where is it ??

I think a more central london location is more beneficial for the members..
but hey, its a w124 gtg.. i will come even if its a meet in hell! :))

Well if we're getting the mileage stick out, mine's approaching 251,000 and still going very strong ;)

count me in as well guys :))
when and where is it ??

I think a more central london location is more beneficial for the members..
but hey, its a w124 gtg.. i will come even if its a meet in hell! :))

C.London is good but i`ll be hard to find a venue.Spoke to couple of local pubs with large cp`s but both said no,as sundays they`re busy :eek:

forget local...there must be something better outside of the M25 within reasonable distance so it makes it easier for the people from up north to come down too.

That's one of the nice things about the Ace, it's a 5 minute drive from the bottom of the M1.

If we were going to make it significantly outside of London i think it would be wise to stick it between the M40 and the M1, perhaps somewhere near Silverstone?

I have a feeling this could turn into two meets, an Ace Cafe one for the southerners (northerners welcome of course) and a more Midlands-y location on a seperate date.

Thoughts?

Somewhere near Silverstone would work well. Not however an area I know at all well!

What about at Jay's place in Nuneaton (haven';t asked him yet about this and i don't think he's posted on this thread)

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom