W124 - Just lovely...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

300DT

Car
W124 300DT
I've just filled up after a 450 mile round trip in my 300DT.
It was such a comfortable and enjoyable drive that I thought I'd post a pic.

View attachment 42699

Last edited:
Inspired by the pic from 300DT, I'll put one up too. This one was taken last week on my holiday in Snowdonia.

JUd3o2Su.jpg

Lovely cars! :)

I've been out in ours today, lovely car to drive (but not to look at, at the moment) Excellent seats too!

Have just asked for the price of one on the W124 website. They do look really good.

To add to the Estate Fest here is mine in the sun last weekIMG_20130606_141142_939 (3).jpg

Just in case saloon drivers feel left out, here's a pic of my 300E a lovely car but a little poorly sick at the moment. I'm hoping it will be restored to full health after the weekend. It's my first Merc, I've had it nearly a year and it's a brilliant car

Attachments

• image-1626761653.jpg
    image-1626761653.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 21
Wont be putting up a pic here of ours now, dont want to follow these beauties, at least not until its straight again and had a paint job.

Go on then.
My w124 in all its chrome arch shiny loveliness. Also just notice my w208 in the reflection.

View attachment 42709

And to think I was bidding against you on ebay on that Ted.

My current Estate.

Last edited:
And here she is in the sunshine.

She's had new boots fitted today so tonight's drive home will be on fresh Continental Premium Contact 5's. I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:
My personal favourite is the 300TE with the sublime M103 engine. Fantastic car.

Only just seen this thread.....

For me, this reminds me of times when mercs were a bit more 'exclusive'

Great looking car.

Here is a pic of the last time I saw my old '96 124, where I dropped it off at the new owner's house, to make way for my E500. I wished at the time I had the space to keep it, and I miss it two years later.

A cheap, last minute ebay purchase, this was a scruffy, leaky car with a heart of gold in its 280 engine. Left for months at a time without fear of being damaged, used as a "crew" car at Le Mans, which also played with the big boys out on the French countryside runs, it couldn't quite keep up, but didn't complain at being made to try! Three and a half years later, it was the ultimate in bangernomics, fun, comfort and style (okay - shabby chic!), whilst providing transport for seven and lugging equipment all around the country without missing a beat. And the ******* dismantled you! Bye bye, old friend. :(

Edit: With special thanks to gaffer tape, who enabled this pic to be taken by holding the car together and keeping the water out!

byebye_zps7b13584b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom