W124 Manual Aerial Mounting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ryanMIL

Car
W124 E220 Saloon & Fiat Panda 100hp
Hi,

Last night, I've started repairing some rust which surrounds my aerial on my rear 1/4, it's quite widespread inside the panel and it's clear that it's not watertight. On further inspection, someone has completely bodged it when fitting.

Trouble is, I don't know how it should be mounted! Can anyone post a picture or diagram of the whole set up?

Many thanks!

I was just about to ask the same question, therefore... BUMP. Mines not fitted too badly at all, but god is it a mess as I've taken it apart.

They were all fitted aftermarket but the dealers were issued a template I think for the site of the hole etc. Personally I would repair the panel and then think about refitting the aerial - perhaps in a different position. The estates all had the aerial on the offide rear wing so as not to foul the spare wheel. Saloon or coupes can be fitted either side.

I have the template for this, i will try and find it and then scan it for you to print and reuse.:thumb:

They are supplied with the fitting kits when you buy a fitting kit.

(mine was for coupe/cabriolet) but im sure it is very similar for saloon --- edit

Last edited:
I found that the pdf is easy to print if you select no scaling , it comes out the right size.

i can post this (pics )tonight if its still needed

i can post this (pics )tonight if its still needed

I know I'm a day late, but would really like some pictures if possible still.

Mine has been mounted using tape, a block of wood and a flat head screw...I'm sure it wasn't installed like that in the factory!

I know I'm a day late, but would really like some pictures if possible still.

Mine has been mounted using tape, a block of wood and a flat head screw...I'm sure it wasn't installed like that in the factory!

ok i will do it tomorrow :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom