W124 Sills best supplier not Benz?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joloke

Car
89 Mercedes 230e
Just wondered if anybody could suggest the best quality pattern parts of full sills for a W124 4 door saloon?

I have the dreaded jacking point Grot and although you can get plates for these from Germany by the time you have bought 4 and payed shipping it runs expensive :(

We all know pattern parts are not the greatest fit but my plan is have my Welder slice out the jacking point sections only ;)

Then all you doing is lining them up with the jacking points :thumb:

Mercedes want a whopping £300 a sill :eek:

Seen some for £25 each but would be grateful for links and recommendations of half decent pattern panels up to the job of providing donor jacking point sections.

Thanks

Sorry on the other MB forum, my phone cant link some things, search under my posts, same handle

P

I was looking for said parts to fix my jacking points. I know of a firm by me that import these panels at £38 each. It was the way i was going to go ,new sills, cut the part out .But on inspection i only had a few small holes, so the guy cut out the rust plated them , welded them up and ground them smooth .I repainted the sils with the right Granit Grey paint i had mixed up .And then purchased a spray can of cavity box wax .It had this 2 foot wand on it, to push inside the jacking hole and just spray as you pull the can and wand out. Do keep an hose pipe handy when welding in case of fire.Mine smoked a little so we injected the water in throough the jacking rubbers .These i removed before any welding went on.Do be careful as these box sections are filled with wax from new and can flame up very easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom