W124 Temp guage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reeventu

Car
E320 Cabriolet
The inside temperature gauge stopped working and I was advised that it was very involved to replace the sender unit and internal unit

There was no indication at all on the gauge, however it now reads 58 deg intermittently and I believe I read somewhere that this was more simple to fix.

Any help appreciated

Just curious as to what an inside temperature gauge is. I know there is an engine temperature gauge and an outside temperature gauge but never heard of an inside temperature gauge.

Just curious as to what an inside temperature gauge is. I know there is an engine temperature gauge and an outside temperature gauge but never heard of an inside temperature gauge.

It is the gauge inside the car that reads the outside temperature, I was trying to differentiate between the sensor ( outside ) and the readout ( inside )

The sensor cable is easy to replace. Start at the number plate and work your way back to the fusebox area. If the readout is knackered then its a simple matter of pulling the instrument pod out and doing a swap.

Sorry: This has got me thinking. How do I display the outside temp on my 124?

I know I have the sensor as the front bumper has just been of the car and they had to unscrew it from the bumper (behind the lower valance grille)

Do you have an empty display below the instrument binnacle (centre just above steering wheel)? if so you can buy an LCD display but I'm not sure about the connection to the sensor.

Do you have an empty display below the instrument binnacle (centre just above steering wheel)? if so you can buy an LCD display but I'm not sure about the connection to the sensor.

Hmmmm. Not sure? I have nothing that says outside temp only the normal coolant temp. This is why forums are bad. I read it then think I haven't got it, so I want it.

Test values, description of how it works and destructions for fitting/removing the sensor and it's display in the front bumper towards the bottom of this page 54 Chassis Electrical, Instruments

Hmmmm. Not sure? I have nothing that says outside temp only the normal coolant temp. This is why forums are bad. I read it then think I haven't got it, so I want it.
You're not missing much, i knew it was bloody cold and miserable outside before the dashboard told me it was 2.5°C yesterday evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom