W124 Wheel Bolt Assistance Requested

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
124 Cabriolet - 320 CE; 1973 350 SLC
My 94 124 E280 Estate was delivered last night, and after fuelling, washing and generally playing with it, I decided to get the winter steels it's wearing replaced by the 15-hole alloys in the boot. However, the nice chaps at the tyre place told me that I need different wheel bolts.

Sure enough, the steels have very short bolts and the alloys need much longer ones. Sadly, no bolts came with the car, and the vendor appears to no longer have them.

So, short of going to a main dealer, is there anything/anywhere else I should be trying? None of the e-bay vendors appear to have compatible bolts, unless I'm being extraordinarily dense. Thanks in anticipation.

Hello, go on eBay and type in wheel bolts or alloy wheels ,the first vendor of these items is the man to help,, he is located in Ayrshire Scotland ,100% trustworthy his name is Jordan! mention RMG AUTOMOTIVE from Irvine,,regards ,Robert.

the spare bolts will normally be kept in the spare wheel well.

Have you looked yet ?

Hi CdG, nice to meet you yesterday!
I had the same problem soon after I bought my estate, I had a slow puncture so took an alloy off and tried to fit the steel spare but couldn't get the bolts in because they were too long. I bought the bolts from the dealer in the end because I couldn't work out what spec to buy. Druk always knows what he's talking about and I've seen AWD recommended before.
Cheers,
Dave (sometimes idiotgap on PH)

kth286 - I did look in the well, but nothing there.
Kingdave - good to meet you too, and I enjoyed chatting about your experiences. You gave me some top tips on what to check which was useful too - I'm glad to say that the car is nice and dry.
The car is currently with my local indie for a service and check, and he's getting the bolts for me, so hopefully getting the alloys on this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom