W126 Headlamp Wiper Arms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

h17n dj

Car
W126 500SEL
Afternoon all,

upon removing the headlamp wiper arms on my 500SEL, I tried to remove the washer jets that are built in (??) to the wiper arm and some of it kind of snapped.... could anybody please confirm that this part can just be swapped out, or do I have to purchase a whole new (expensive) wiper arm?

Thanks in advance.

Cars eh! Looks like I'll be making a call to the dealer in the next week or so to get the shock of my life....!

On my 124 the jet nozzles can still be bought from the dealer £18 per side. These clip into the arms and the fluid pipe then pushes on to them. Both of mine were broken and secured by tie wraps. They are brittle with age (like me) a bit of heat may help when removing or refitting the originals.

FYI: David in the Parts Department at Maidstone Mercedes is a "known" expert on older Merc parts. He loves a challenge and has been known to search for weeks to find those less common NLA parts.

He is a lovely guy to talk to, with a genuine interest and passion for Mercedes Benz of the older generation(s). He is fantastic at finding parts that have been 'upgraded' requiring other parts to then be replaced with their upgraded equivalent.

Every main dealer should have a David.

Thank you very much for this information - I may well give him a call! I was kind of hoping they would just pop out. W126 headlamp wiper arms are so expensive... also wonder if the W124 ones fit?

Theres a young guy at Mercedes-Benz of Milton Keynes who will try and help too... as long as there isn't a queue of other customers. these people are indeed rare though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom