W140 S280 Driveshaft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NigelOB

Car
94 S280 04 Rover 75 Contemporary Se CDTI 72 VW Beetle
I want to put my S280 back on the road again but need a driveshaft.. Are they any alternatives I can use as have been struggling to get a replacement

Have you tried Carl at w140.co.uk? failing that I would have thought the usual MB breakers like mercman or three pointed parts could source one for you.

I would have thought the drive shaft would have been the same part number as the S320?

millo777 said:
Have you tried Carl at w140.co.uk? failing that I would have thought the usual MB breakers like mercman or three pointed parts could source one for you.

I would have thought the drive shaft would have been the same part number as the S320?

Thanks for the reply, yeah I've tried Carl got the nearside one from him..he's a log way from me so makes it hard if any problems The one he gave me is thicker than the original.. Will a w124 W126 or W210 shaft fit

This is the epc page for the s280 axle, and the part numbers only seem to be shared with the W140 S320. There does seem to be different part numbers for parts with ASD or ASR.

AXLE SHAFT REAR AXLE íà Mercedes S 280 JAPAN (140.028) | Êàòàëîã çàï÷àñòåé Mercedes, ïîäáîð àâòîçàï÷àñòåé äëÿ ëåãêîâûõ àâòîìîáèëåé Ìåðñåäåñ (ðåãèîí ßïîíèÿ) ïî àâòîêàòàëîãó.

There are 2 listings on ebay by people breaking a W140 s280, and a few for S320s being broken, so I'm sure you'll find one.

w140 breaking | eBay

millo777 said:
This is the epc page for the s280 axle, and the part numbers only seem to be shared with the W140 S320. There does seem to be different part numbers for parts with ASD or ASR.

AXLE SHAFT REAR AXLE íà Mercedes S 280 JAPAN (140.028) | Êàòàëîã çàï÷àñòåé Mercedes, ïîäáîð àâòîçàï÷àñòåé äëÿ ëåãêîâûõ àâòîìîáèëåé Ìåðñåäåñ (ðåãèîí ßïîíèÿ) ïî àâòîêàòàëîãó.

There are 2 listings on ebay by people breaking a W140 s280, and a few for S320s being broken, so I'm sure you'll find one.

w140 breaking | eBay

Thanks for that info they are all for Carl unfortunately..

Had anyone successfully welded a driveshaft?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom