W140 S600 Heating issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carltonfc

Car
W140 S600L & W126 560SEL
Hi All

The drivers side of my heating doesn't get warm at all, windscreen, side vent and footwell remain cold....the left side is fine?

I have gone through the diagnostics on the heater unit and it shows no errors?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

My pleasure. I hope you manage to fix it before the cold weather kicks in.

Just had a quick look for the valve it and found it OK...will give it a go over the weekend....:)

My pleasure. I hope you manage to fix it before the cold weather kicks in.
Well I had a go....

Firstly it's attached by 6 screws, none of which are standard heads...found a tool to unscrew them...however, it wouldn't reach 3 of them....found another tool which was long enough to reach....the first 5 were about 2inches long...the last and most difficult to get at one was coming out lovely...however, that one was only about half an inch long...that fell off and disappeared somewhere...

Got the first electrical connector off fine, the 2nd one at the back was really hard to get hold off and remove...after 20 minutes I managed to get that off, not much blood on my knuckles at all...however, in getting it off, I either snapped a tiny wire on the right hand valve at the bottom or it was broken all the time, hence it not working....!

So I thought, bu@@er this....I will just put it all back...when putting one of the screws back in, it snapped in half somewhere in the hole...so that's stuck in there, and I didn't bother finding a replacement for the small screw at the back!

I have done what I should have done in the first place...bought another one and will get Pro-Tech to fit it! Also will get them to fit a new drivers door check strap, as there is no way I am gong to take a door card off....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom