W163 Comand fitment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Richard, what about the old HF kit with ViseeO? Or is this kit for even older phones?

That is a balancing act :) Yes, you could buy the older fixed 6310i parts (mostly on ebay) and put a MBU-1000 in it

It sort of depends on what phone you have (in terms of whetehr the SAP will work, and if you look at my other post, when you need to do it, because the MBU2000 is coming)

Also, whether you want the phone visible or not (ie if re-installing, install it in the glovebox rather than on an ugly phone console that gets in the way of the front passenger's legs !)

Richard

Yes, and as you dont have steering wheel controls or the extra info display (being a W163 ML), I tend to recommend people do that rather than fit a MB UHI system

If you do have COMAND AND Steering wheel controls, I tend to recommend the proper Mercedes parts

Richard

So it would probably be cheaper to use a parrott kit?

A good point. I'm usually strongly for MB OEM but for a car where I understand car integration anyway would be limited, a Parrot or similar would go as well.

I am fitting comand this week an was going to keep an eye out for a steering wheel with control buttons from breakers and such like

Just got rid of an X Type...is it as easy as simply swapping over the airbags?

OK Chaps,

Told you I would keep you busy

Thought everything had gone to well this morning when fitting the comand

Removed old MB10
Connected adapter cable
Connected GPS Ariel Lead
Connected CD Changer cable
Checked CD and Radio prior to slipping it into the hole (having firstly cut off the old plastic lugs)

All working fine so thought would slip it in 80% of the way to ensure correct angle alignment............pressed the nav button and 'click' unit slipped and locked into place.....now where is the problem you ask

The Damn Nav isnt working and now despite spending 2 fecking hours and several cut hands later (removed glovebox for access) STILL cant get the unit out!

How do these units come out...I have a set of keys that woked for my MB10....they dont seem to latch anywhere on the comand

H E L P

REALLY naffed off now

OK Chaps,

Told you I would keep you busy

Thought everything had gone to well this morning when fitting the comand

Removed old MB10
Connected adapter cable
Connected GPS Ariel Lead
Connected CD Changer cable
Checked CD and Radio prior to slipping it into the hole (having firstly cut off the old plastic lugs)

All working fine so thought would slip it in 80% of the way to ensure correct angle alignment............pressed the nav button and 'click' unit slipped and locked into place.....now where is the problem you ask

The Damn Nav isnt working and now despite spending 2 fecking hours and several cut hands later (removed glovebox for access) STILL cant get the unit out!

How do these units come out...I have a set of keys that woked for my MB10....they dont seem to latch anywhere on the comand

H E L P

REALLY naffed off now

Okay. Provided your comand had the correct mounting plates on it, you simply insert the keys in each slot, one on each side of the comand front. Push the keys right in and then pull. If you dont have the mounting plates then it just pulls out without the keys.

Make sure you get the keys the right way up. They are annotated so you should be okay.

Remember also that when you get it all setup it can take between 1 and 20 minutes to find enough satellites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom