W163 Ml 270 Alternator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jason 2106

Car
ml 270
I have just started having a few faults with my ML . Namely it beeps at me as soon as you turn ignition on . About 10 to 13 times and the handbrake light is on all the time ...when you try and drive it's in limp mode 2nd and reverse only and you get a constant warning beep until you stop.... now hearing battery voltage can cause all sorts of gremlins I checked it only to find the alternator was chucking nearly 16 volts into it....
So my main question is i have the type of alt with the connectors on front by the pulley can I use the other type with connector on rear as a straight swap???
Also my other problems ....any opinions.

I've checked hand brake switch and that seams ok .... oh and my epc light has come on don't know if it's related

Get you fault codes read.

That's getting done tonight ...will post findings.... any idea on alternator question?

I'm not sure on the alternator connectors. What's the other one off?

It does seem to be overcharging, I checked my ML last week after fitting a battery and it was just under 15v.

Connectors are the same it's except at rear not front of alt.. it's just the way it mount on the block there are other unused holes around my alt that I expect are to mount the other type...was just hoping someone Cound confirm that's the case...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom