W163 ml320 1999

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JJBML

Car
ML320 W163 1998
I have attached some photos of a hose/line that is attached to the oil cooler.

Looks like it has aged and perished.

Can anyone tell me then part number and a supplier?

Would be good to know what is involved (time/parts) in the replacement.

Presently getting quoted £500+ for the part.

regards

John

Attachments

• P1040050.jpg
    P1040050.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 33
  • P1040051.jpg
    P1040051.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 31
  • P1040052.jpg
    P1040052.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 25
What did the garage who quoted you that price say that it was. I would personally show that photo to a Merc part dept. and ask what it is and how much. Removal looks straight forward and any garage would be able to do it.

I would have thought it's the kind of thing a hose company could knock-up in about half and hour. - Reasonably short length of oil-resistant reinforced hose with a crimped fitting on each end; it would be better than the part you've got at the moment.

What did the garage who quoted you that price say that it was. I would personally show that photo to a Merc part dept. and ask what it is and how much. Removal looks straight forward and any garage would be able to do it.

I believe the hose feeds the gearbox and also the power steering so it is to fairly complicated hoses.

Found one hose in Germany and another in Belgium. Right Hand drive hoses are hard to come by, so I have been told.

regards

John

Even if you don't buy new, again I would check at a parts dept for the part number as there are quite a few ML's being broken and I would imagine that it is not a 320 specific part.

That leaky pipe was a re-call a few years back.

Get the part from your local mb dealer.

I have attached some photos of a hose/line that is attached to the oil cooler.

Looks like it has aged and perished.

Can anyone tell me then part number and a supplier?

Would be good to know what is involved (time/parts) in the replacement.

Presently getting quoted £500+ for the part.

regards

John

Seems the MB Parts Dept is stuck on this one, the hose/line does not show up on thier system drawings.

Anyone have a drawing of this with part# ?

regards

John

There are 3 hoses (Gearbox + power steering). Seems there are left handed drive ones available. The hoses used to come all joined but are not available as one unit now. Had to find 3 separate ones (2 in Germany + 1 Belgium) and now have to modify to joint and fit.

Hence the high costs.

17 years old so rubber has perished.

3rd Party garage pretty trustful.

Thanks for the assist.

regards

John

Last edited:
This was a recall/service measure it might have been one that never returned to the desler to have it done, the recall was literally a smaller hose clip that went tighter, all that oil has stemmed from the hose clip end, it isn't even on all the way which was the reason for the recall, they came off.

£500!!!

This was a recall/service measure it might have been one that never returned to the desler to have it done, the recall was literally a smaller hose clip that went tighter, all that oil has stemmed from the hose clip end, it isn't even on all the way which was the reason for the recall, they came off.

£500!!!
The hoses (High + Low Pressure to steering) are seeping - leaking.

Perished due to age.

Not the clip unfortunately.

regards

John

I was just going off your picture as was blackc55, high pressure will go from the pump to the rack not through the cooler.

I was just going off your picture as was blackc55, high pressure will go from the pump to the rack not through the cooler.
Thanks to all for your feedback and suggestions.

regards

John

That leaky pipe was a re-call a few years back.

Get the part from your local mb dealer.
BlackC55,

My apologise, I have just found amongst my papers/records a " Safety Recall" for this. It does not have a post date.
I have been travelling globally for a number of years so must have missed this letter. Think it was 2003 or there about.

regards

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom