W176 another W number to remember

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Sat in my first W176 [ the new A class] yesterday. Initial impressions were quite good - quality sporty interior- doors not too "tinny" on shutting- felt like a "mini MERC" . Slightly claustrophobic feel from the low roofline and very dark interior trim/rooflining. Looked a pretty substantial car --size wise-- in the showroom say against a nearby C class. Comparing it to say the old CLC model , which to me is the nearest [ hot hatch] equivalent rather than the previous [mini people carrier] A Class its interior is step up from the old CLC which always felt a bit "cut price CLK" to me.:dk:
How it drives -- well still to find that out.;)

I expect they will both drive well but completely differently. The C class rear drive 7 speed torque converter drive train V the A class front wheel drive twin clutch gearbox. I know which I would choose.;)

I sat in one at MB Watford yesterday whilst I was waiting or a part for the coupe. I really liked the look and feel, it's a completely different car from the old one.

So smitten was I, when I got home I settled down in front of the MB configurator and set about speccing "mine" up. I gave up when I hit £34k. You could get a decent 997 for that or (whisper it) a youngish C63.

So smitten was I, when I got home I settled down in front of the MB configurator and set about speccing "mine" up. I gave up when I hit £34k. You could get a decent 997 for that or (whisper it) a youngish C63.

Or a nice new C220cdi, 2yr S350cdi, 1yr old E350cdi. Hardly all old sheds, but much more car if you know what I mean.

Or a nice new C220cdi, 2yr S350cdi, 1yr old E350cdi. Hardly all old sheds, but much more car if you know what I mean.

I do and that's why so many people go for the lease option, it just wouldn't make sense to spend all of your own money on that. I shudder to think what a 35k A-Class will be worth in 3 years.

Grey haired ones piloting their frumpy A-classes?

No estate agenty types who wear ties with silly big knotts in them and who have to have the lastest iPhone. You know the sort.

Grey haired pilots have the B class now to shove rover the labrador in the back on their weekly drive to bingo.

We shove a walking frame, wheelchair and mobility scooter in the boot of our C class. Though not all at the same time.

We occasionally have a Doodle and Spaniel in there.

We don't do bingo though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom