W202 and W210 parktronic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amg3.6

Car
C55 Amg White W202
Is there any difference between w202 and w210 parktronic in sensors, wiring looms and sensor displays?

I can get bits from a w210 i am pretty sure there aren't any differences but want to make sure. One thing i am unsure if the sensor displays will fit in my 202 and the rear roof display any help?

Hi,
You do know the bumpers are different for a car equiped with PDC?
I,ll be honest the gen bumpers sensors look gash, buy aftermarket sensors which can be made to look a lot cleaner and neat and intergrate them into the OEM display.
I would think the loom and control box on the 210 would be the same if it is,nt it could be made to work but be aware the loom will have to have to have a speed signal, a reverse signal and will have to intergrate into the cars existing CAN system and will need STAR coding too.

hi Andy.
do you know when buying new PDC sensors if their front flat plate is
pre-painted with a specific car's paint, say 744 brilliant silver?
or do you need to paint the front of the sensor yourself to match the color of the bumper?

Hi andy i am trying to keep every thing oem i.e switch and displays. I was thinking if the majorty is oem then i think it would be wise to keep everything oem what you think? Why does it need star codeing? I should be ok drilling in my bumpers?

Hi,
The pdc control unit on an OEM factory install has to be able to communicate with STAR as part of the diagnostic programme, the bumpers for PDC equipped vehicles have different pt. no. as the holes for the PDC sensors are shaped into the bumper hence why i say you might be better off fitting aftermarket ones to your existing bumpers and they will look a damn sight neater than if it were OEM IMO, or you could look at this kit totally aftermarket but looks very OEM IMO.
CKS Performance - Accessories& Styling, www.cksperformance.com

hi Andy.
do you know when buying new PDC sensors if their front flat plate is
pre-painted with a specific car's paint, say 744 brilliant silver?
or do you need to paint the front of the sensor yourself to match the color of the bumper?

Hi,
As far as I,m aware they are supplied from MB unpainted.

Could i integrate the oem switch into the cks senors? As i don't want extra holes in my dash and that way evrey thing will look oem

Hi,
The pdc control unit on an OEM factory install has to be able to communicate with STAR as part of the diagnostic programme, the bumpers for PDC equipped vehicles have different pt. no. as the holes for the PDC sensors are shaped into the bumper hence why i say you might be better off fitting aftermarket ones to your existing bumpers and they will look a damn sight neater than if it were OEM IMO, or you could look at this kit totally aftermarket but looks very OEM IMO.

Andy those sensors look good - price fitted is not bad either - I paid a similar price for mine. You;re right, everything is supplied unpainted and needs to be done.

Hi,

Could you fit these ones on any MB or does it have to be facelift?

Have a look at this kit that does not require the bumpers to be drilled or the sensors being painted. Apparently you just mount the sensor strip behind the bumper out of view. I don't have personal experience of their system but it looks quite good. The videos on the site are quite informative and I'm contemplating fitting the system to my car.

No Holes Parking Sensor | Parking Dynamics Reverse Sensor

I would appreciate your views

Could i integrate the oem switch into the cks senors? As i don't want extra holes in my dash and that way evrey thing will look oem

Hi,
No reason why you can,t use the OEM switch for the parking sensors, but the rears it is,nt really necassary, might be an idea for the front sensors though, as they will need to be turned on and off some how.

Could you fit these ones on any MB or does it have to be facelift?

Hi,
I do not see any reason why these can,t be fitted to any Mercedes, Indeed any make car. I only chose this kit as it is the closest I have found to look MB OEM.

I guess you are right andy as this probably the closest to oem. Any ideas on how the oem swtich is wired up?

Hi,
The OEM system is turned completetly on/off (both front and rear sensors) by the switch, when switched off there is a red LED light in the switch which is illuminated.

Hi andy have you any wiring diagrams for the switch?

No sorry, just put a multimeter on it, and buzz it through, it is only a conventional switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom