W202 Blinking mirror options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

McGreggor

Car
CLS55 AMG
Is there only the one option open to W202's for blinking mirrors? I know the E class mirrors, with just the tip of the mirror for illumination fit, but I've seen other mercs with a stip of led lights covering most of the mirror, do these fit too?

You can either fit W210 mirrors or you can get aftermarket mirrors from ebay or eurocarparts. I had some of them fitted in 2001 and they looked pretty good, but I later swapped to W210 mirrors.

McGreggor said:
so ones like these aren't moddable for a w202?
They would bolt onto a W202 ok but they would look stupid :)

I agree with shude, they look odd and dont go with the shape of the 202.

Yes, its actually the style of blinker I'm focusing on, i still want the more square looking ones, but with the LED crystal clear style blinkers.

^bump^

So I take it the w210 ones with the smaller frosted blinker are the only option?

altreed said:
I have just ordered a set of these, I'll let you know what they are like when they arrive.
Here is a pic of my old car with those mirrors on.

Attachments

• oldblinking.jpg
    oldblinking.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 93
You've got a big garage Shude, I like the way you had colour coded the garage doors to match the car :p Shame your former pride and joy isn't still with us :( awesome car.

S.

Steve_Perry said:
You've got a big garage Shude, I like the way you had colour coded the garage doors to match the car :p Shame your former pride and joy isn't still with us :( awesome car.
That is the garage of Steve K (aka MBenzNL). I wish I had a garage like that :)

Shude/Altreed

Can you tell me if these covers have l.e.d's in them that face both forwards and sideways? From looking at the Ebay ad pics, they seem to just face forwards, or is there a light in the end that faces 90degrees from the car that I just can't see??

I take it there are no issuses fitting these to folding mirrors?

still waiting for mine to arrive :D

they're not LEDs they are bulbs, and they face forward but the plastic is dimpled/frosted so the light comes out of all of the housing and even to the rear. They're actually quite slick looking.

Shude said:
they're not LEDs they are bulbs, and they face forward but the plastic is dimpled/frosted so the light comes out of all of the housing and even to the rear. They're actually quite slick looking.

Is that similar to how the OEM ones work? I thought they have a buld facing out to the side, or is that also refracted light?

PS, was that a C43 you previously had? Dare I ask what happened to it?

That was no C43, check the link in the Roadrage fourms, I have that cars original bumpers :)

McGreggor said:
Is that similar to how the OEM ones work? I thought they have a buld facing out to the side, or is that also refracted light?
They work in a very similar way to the OEM ones.
McGreggor said:
was that a C43 you previously had? Dare I ask what happened to it?
1998 C230k, kinda rolled it a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom