W202 c250td - tuning and bodywork... (Future buyer)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CrackTaxi

Car
A German one
Hello all,

I don't own a Mercedes yet, but I'm a fan of diseasels and diseasel tuning so naturally I'm drawn towards the om605 engine.

And I love the look of the saloon w202 so would like to own a diesel one, but one that isn't slow. Or petrol.

I'm not in the market for one just yet but I have been looking, just to get look at what to expect when I do buy. What I've seen so far is every single one has high miles, which may or may not be too much of an issue because they're reliable as hell engines I hear. But how many is too many miles giving that I'd want over 300bhp from it?

What's more worrying is the bodywork on all of the ones I've seen, they're all rusty as hell. Doors, arches, boot... pretty bad.

I've only been looking for about a week, do good examples come up often? Low miles and good body.

I have searched the tuning but still unsure of the best way to achieve over 300bhp, I've gathered new turbo and new elements but how reliable would this be? And how likely to get over 300? And what are the ECUs like? Easy enough to map, and maybe change the rev limit?

Sorry of all these are easily answered by searching but I did try but not much comes up on mobile using this app.

Cheers [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for replies guys :)

Hopefully I see one in good nick when I'm buying then...

I'll be sure to check the that site, cheers [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superturbodiesel is a great site.

You'll probably have to spend what the car will cost to get to 300bhp.

If you go for a mechanical pump with an automatic car, you'll need a costly controller to keep everything happy. It may be better to go for a manual car as a base.

You'll find most of the info on STT.

superturbodiesel is a great site.

You'll probably have to spend what the car will cost to get to 300bhp.

If you go for a mechanical pump with an automatic car, you'll need a costly controller to keep everything happy. It may be better to go for a manual car as a base.

You'll find most of the info on STT.

Cheers for the info mate [emoji3]

Money sounds fine, they're cheap cars so doesn't sound too expensive lol.

As for gearbox, I can't stand autos so we're safe there :) Makes it harder to find though, 90% of the ones I see are auto lol.

[emoji854]

If a low mileage manual sport with no rust exists, let me know, it definitely won't be cheap!

Mileage wouldn't put me off but make sure to check underneath for rust.

If a low mileage manual sport with no rust exists, let me know, it definitely won't be cheap!

Mileage wouldn't put me off but make sure to check underneath for rust.

Yeah rust will definitely be my main concern. I hear these engines are very reliable and strong so miles hopefully won't be too much of an issue.

If worst comes to worst I could always buy a slightly rusty one and have it repaired. I have no idea how much that will cost though.

The tops of the spring perches rust, so there are main areas to check. Minor rust on the wings wouldn't be a major issue as you could replace the wings. If you had a garage carry out some welding, replace panels and respray, you would be talking in thousands not hundreds.

The tops of the spring perches rust, so there are main areas to check. Minor rust on the wings wouldn't be a major issue as you could replace the wings. If you had a garage carry out some welding, replace panels and respray, you would be talking in thousands not hundreds.

Cheers for the info, I'll be sure to check it out.

Hopefully I'll find a decent one that doesn't need much more than the arches eh :)

Spare wheel well, door bottoms..

I've actually got a giant rivet gun and giant rivets for a spring perch replacement job as the factory repair procedure states to rivet on the replacement perch. I'm not joking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom