W202 fob batteries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon2824

Car
1997 c36- lpg, 1985 Sl500 w209 Clk, 320e 2004.
Can any one explain why my c36 eats batteries like they are Easter eggs! I use the car possible 2\3 times a week and the batteries are lasting 1/2 months. Any advise welcome. This is using an original fob.....

Are you buying quality Lithium batteries which show the best-before date on the packaging?

Dec
Picture source… Amazon.com: Lindy Cr2025 Battery (2 Pack) - Panasonic Lithium Coin Cell 3V: Health & Personal Care
51sbjPNCd%2BL.jpg

Does the Red tell tail light on the fob fade away completely when the batteries go flat.
Could a button be stuck on or being sat on in your pocket.

You can test the fob buttons by viewing the end of the fob through a digital camera screen, you should see the blue white light of the infrared signal similar to the one in the video below.

Dec

[YOUTUBE]zQhwvjw29NA [/YOUTUBE]

Thank you. When not used they are hung up. I have checked and not seen any light on the fob when not in use. Thank you for your response.

Does the Red tell tail light on the fob fade away completely when the batteries go flat, The Red LED I’m referring to is the one seen in the last 15 seconds of the video below

Dec
[YOUTUBE]r4VbN4nOvkM[/YOUTUBE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom