w202 lcd heater controls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

H54thy

Car
W203/164/202
hi.
does anyone have a w202 lcd heater switch pack they are willing to part with?

Still after a heater control panel. Its the lcd type if any one has one. Thanks.

H54thy said:
Still after a heater control panel. Its the lcd type if any one has one. Thanks.

What's wrong with your one?

View attachment 5303932 a 202 830 14 85 operating unit automatic air conditioner

Last edited:
Mine was not present when I bought the car.
Yes it looks just like that one in the picture a111r
I have found a one on ebay usa that can deliver to uk so I am going to take my chances and see if it gets here with no nasty custom duty etc.

I have found a one on ebay usa that can deliver to uk so I am going to take my chances and see if it gets here with no nasty custom duty etc.

If your car has the dials than you cant simply swap them over. you need to replace all the heating internals within the dash.

There will be plenty of 210s with the climate control in scrap yards over here.

c43 had digital climate head unit

w208 and w210 use a different head unit for left and right cooling adjustments where the c43 only use cooling adjustments for one side

w208 and w210 won't fit.
don't buy!

these head units suffers from pixle problems and they are no good MB quality.
only way to determine if it's a bad one is to hook it up to your car and drive it, vibrations from car will make the display fade.

MB sells refurbished units for high dollars.
if you manage to find a used one without pixle problems grab it while you can if it's cheap.

Thanks for that info kowalski.
I did a bit research earlier and came to much the same conclusion.
The 210 units have far many buttons on it.
The one I'm trying to get from stateside is the correct one so fingers crossed.

Hi,
The 129 SL has the same unit. I did have a spare one though it does have the illumination fault that Kowalski describes above, parts of the display would disappear, flick the display gently with your finger nail and it would appear again. This would happen quite often for a few days, then it wouldn't happen again for a few months.

Would you be interested in selling it andy27168?
Im not really that bothered if it has its 'moments' so to speak.

I always believed it was just a dry joint somewhere indeed I did start taking it apart to look at it, deciding on my next course of action I put it back together and it was ok for months after, so it is only a loose connection dry joint, this never effected the operation of the unit.
If I can find it then yes I will sell it, give me the weekend to find it and I will post back on this thread.

I always believed it was just a dry joint somewhere indeed I did start taking it apart to look at it, deciding on my next course of action I put it back together and it was ok for months after, so it is only a loose connection dry joint, this never effected the operation of the unit.
If I can find it then yes I will sell it, give me the weekend to find it and I will post back on this thread.

Great stuff. many thanks.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom