W202 max wheel dimensions without any mods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimC200

Car
2004 w211 estate 2.2 cdi manual, 177k mls
Hi guys I've seen the threads here on this subject but the tables make no sense to me, I want to know basically what max size rim and tyre can I put on my w202 without any mods including spacers and will not rub at all

You can not have a wheel tyre combo bigger than the standard for your car. So, if you get a bigger wheel, say an 18 instead of a 16, then the tyre wall has to be correspondingly shallower. If you go for a wider wheel then you must make sure that it neither fouls the arches on the outside, nor fouls the suspension etc on the inside.

All the info you could possibly need is in here:

http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/information/fitting_chart/mercedes-benz

The largest tyre size will be 225/40-18, sorry don't know the wheel offset, but would think 37mm would be about right.

I used to have Monoblock V's Brabus 18" alloys on my old w202 and they had front tyre size of 225/40/18, rears were 245/35/18 if memory serves me right. The alloy dimensions were 18x9.5J ET35 all round so an offset of 35mm. Always go with a staggered setup on w202's if you can (slightly wider tyres on the rear than the fronts)

The ride suffered a little, as with all big alloys and it did used to tramline slightly due to the hard wall of the low profile tyres. But the overall handling improved alot when driven hard.

I have original Monoblock V with 255/35/18 rear tires on my C43, works great and looks very cool!!
Maybe 265 may fit?

Doesn't the C43 have slightly worked arches ?

Think it's on your datacard as 'AMG shell modification'

Doesn't the C43 have slightly worked arches ?

Think it's on your datacard as 'AMG shell modification'

yeah bud, I guess you're right wheelarches seems to be modified on C43, they look cool

Hi,
The only modifications the 43 got over the standard shell was rolled arches, which my Prefacelift C230K also has. May of been standard on Sport models though my C230K only came with 15" rims from the factory. New front wings I believe come with rolled arches from MB now, though this may of been different when the 202 was a newer model.

ok ive ordered a set of 17 monoblocks that are 235/40/17 will these fit? the chart posted makes no sense to me, i dont understand it

The tyres will be a bit small. The correct size should be 245/40X17 or 225/45X17.

You can not have a wheel tyre combo bigger than the standard for your car. So, if you get a bigger wheel, say an 18 instead of a 16, then the tyre wall has to be correspondingly shallower. If you go for a wider wheel then you must make sure that it neither fouls the arches on the outside, nor fouls the suspension etc on the inside.

All the info you could possibly need is in here:

Mercedes-Benz Fitting Chart and Wheel Fitment Guide | Alloy Wheels Direct

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom