W202 oil leak from rear drivers side

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

babyblueCE

Car
300 CE
Hello all. I recently took my w202 for an MOT and the tech advised that there is an oil leak from the rear of the car, coming from near the suspension arm. Subsequently having driven the car the oil light comes on from time to time. Does anyone know what this could be?

The engine?

What colour is the oil,there is nothing engine oil related at the rear of the vehicle, you say an oil light comes on is it the level or pressure light.brake fluid springs to mind that has an oil like consistency but it shouldn't have passed the mot if it was brake fluid.i think more info is required really before anyone can really comment.

What colour is the oil,there is nothing engine oil related at the rear of the vehicle,.

Is there not? the diff is full of oil & they are known to leak,possibly tracking
down the drive shaft to behind the wheel.

Could be diff oil as suggested, or possibly a leaking asd pipe if the car has it?

The diff is leaking on my 202, is it hard to change the seals/gaskets ?

It's a good idea to clean the breather as they get blocked with crud over the years. Once that happens the pressure build up can cause the oil past the seals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom