W202 srs light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lewisg95

Car
W202 C250 TD
Hi everyone,

The srs light has just come on my 1999 c250 td.

Is this something serious or can it be turned off? (I know it is for the airbags)

Can any garage with a diagnostics tool remove this? Thanks

Probably the passenger seat sensor.

Ahh right :/ would this have to be replaced or can I get the light removed without replacing the sensor?

I've read that the sensors can be quite expensive and a pain to change.

need to get the codes read to work out why. code readers for 202's are quite cheap, mine was 15 quid

Probably the passenger seat sensor.

This !

Check your passenger seat for colour of plug most likely yellow plug on a 99. Go to breakers with big knife and chop up seat in situe. Takes 10 mins max. I knicked mine from a 210 and worked fine.

Bit more time consuming refitting to your original seat but deffo diyable, if I can do it anyone can !!!

Thanks for your responses lads.

Can anyone link me to one of these cheap diagnostics tools? Is there no way of removing this light without replacing the sensor? I'm not too fussed about having this feature, just as long as the light is gone and my airbags actually work.

The light did come after I had cleaned the car out though, could this have anything to do with it at all?

Thanks

Possibly your cleaning dislodged the plug from its socket under the seat (as poormansporsche stated above its probably a yellow connector).

Other posters have reported the wires from the sensor pad to the plug have frayed/parted from chafing where they pass into the seat, it could be worth checking these as well.

You could try unplugging the plug, disassembling (easy as plug clips open) then reassembling. Then plugging back in, may clear it.

Search the forums, there are 10 years of posts on this (with pictures!)

It's an easy fix :)

need to get the codes read to work out why. code readers for 202's are quite cheap, mine was 15 quid

Hey mate do you have a link for the cheap star tool?

I've PM'ed also.

Beers, H.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom