W203 2001 display is not showing total Km ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biff2155

Car
C Class 180
Hi
I have bought a 2001 W203 180 coupe, as a none runner
I replaced the front SAM, the ignition switch, steering lock, and ECU.
The car starts and runs great now, but I have no display of the total Km covered, the trip meter shows the trip Km, but I just have 6 lines where the total Km should be.
I have covered approximately 50 Km but its not registering on the total distance :doh::wallbash:
my question is, what part stores the total distance covered ?
Im hoping that someone one here will tell me to push a button 3 times and all will be good again :doh:

Thank in advance for any advice

You have replaced components that had the mileage stored so now they do not match, hence the - - - - - -

I'm sure it is stored in more than one place

Thanks Bob6600
Do you know if the total Km are stored In the ECU ?
Im guessing that if I take it to my local Merc dealers they should be able to transfer the total Km to my replacement ECU ?

Last edited:
It is stored in numerous places.
You will need someone very well versed in Star to ensure they all match.

Thanks for the info Lyserman, I think that a trip to my dealer is required

Hi,
Personally think this more a coding issue as the control units you have changed will almost certainly require it, and the cluster will have possibly lost its coding due to possibly being disconnected from other equipment that give it its info.
Did you get the logbook etc for the donor car that the ECU and EIS came from? though this might not be an issue for you but unless you have this you will not be able to get a spare key from Mercedes, even with it you still will have issues but less so.

Hi Andy.
Do you know if coding can only be done by Mercedes dealers ?
If the total Km are stored in the ECU, I would need to find some way of retrieving this data ? or will the cluster show the Km from the donor ECU ?
No I didnt even think about the logbook, but now that you have mentioned it, it makes sense ..... but I fear its a bit too late now
Thanks for the info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom