W203 2005 catalogue of faults

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

architect1337

Car
Mercedes W203 270CDI Classic
Thought I'd just summarise a number of faults that have just happened recently (no idea why they all came together - cold weather??)

1/ When facing uphill (or level and cold night), the car would start then immediately stall. The car would then need at least 30 seconds of churning before it would blow into life. Once - it wouldn't even start at all so had to get Green Flag out with Quick Start spray.
2/ The car's temperature would never go above 60 degrees.
3/ Few days ago - I woke to hear the car alarm going off but spluttering /intermittent. Turning it off then locking the doors forced the indicator lamps to flash madly. Had to unlock car and not set alarm as alarm would then activate randomly.

Solution (appears to work so far).

1/ Changed all glow plugs as STAR was showing one was faulty. This didn't sort it. Now changed all fuel lines as suspected air leak in fuel system. Will need to see if that works but been parking downhill so far and no really cold nights.
2/ Changed thermostat. Car now goes to correct temperature.
3/ Changed siren. Alarm now works fine.

I get the impression faults 2 and 3 are quite common as dealer had all parts on shelf ready to go!

Hopefully - faults come in three - so total bill for fixing was just under £550 and that's the last I'll hear of it!

Well I hope you sorted it. maybe hopeless info. But when my wife's Pajero Diesel did this (always facing uphill) tech said it was "drain back" to the fuel tank caused by a leaky pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom