W203 advanced coding works in Pre-2005

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

miro

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 slightly modified
W203-VIT.jpg

Cool, that looks useful, what's needed to activate that? Do you need a modified Star Diagnose system?

Anyone know anyone in the UK that can do this stuff or do we need Steve (MBenzNL).

From reading Miros previous posts/threads and info from Steve they said the front SAM Unit needs recoding or in some instances even replacing...

I'm sure that the Stealers could do it if they "KNEW" how to but I doubt they will be bothered and will deny all knowledge as for some even setting the rear SAM unit to "NETHERLAND" is unknown off or not possible despite explaining step by steop instructions via teh menu from Star...

Flash said:
From reading Miros previous posts/threads and info from Steve they said the front SAM Unit needs recoding or in some instances even replacing...

I'm sure that the Stealers could do it if they "KNEW" how to but I doubt they will be bothered and will deny all knowledge as for some even setting the rear SAM unit to "NETHERLAND" is unknown off or not possible despite explaining step by steop instructions via teh menu from Star...

I remember some of that to from earlier posts here & on another forum. I thought maybe the SAM change / update may only be needed for the auto-fold mirrors on lock mod (which I believe is only possible on post 2005 cars :mad: ).

Now if the tank content doesn't need any SAM changes then that is cool, & IF the auto-fold mirrors on lock could be activated on pre-2005 cars then that's even cooler...

...maybe even :bannana:

You're right about the stealers being useless at this kind of thing. Why do they have to look at you as though you've got two heads, no arms & are talking b***s**t !!!

Flash said:

This is a cluster mod and it works on ALL W203 if you have someone like Steve to do it. The dealer CAN NOT find this menu to change it.

The front SAM only needs to be changed if you intend to have auto-folding mirrors when you lock the car. I have not seen any other function in the front sam that would prevent this mod from being done. So in this regard you can all have this mod if you have a W203. Just not from a dealer.

In Australia we are doing a bundle for the R171 SLK,
- cornering lights acitvated
- fuel tank volume activated
- tyre pressure loss warning activated
- rain sensor installed and coded

for a total of ₤210 or $500 Australian.

A-AvantGarde said:
I remember some of that to from earlier posts here & on another forum. I thought maybe the SAM change / update may only be needed for the auto-fold mirrors on lock mod (which I believe is only possible on post 2005 cars :mad: ).

Now if the tank content doesn't need any SAM changes then that is cool, & IF the auto-fold mirrors on lock could be activated on pre-2005 cars then that's even cooler...

You're right about the stealers being useless at this kind of thing. Why do they have to look at you as though you've got two heads, no arms & are talking b***s**t !!!

Any 2003+ W203 has a more capable cluster with a hidden menu for user selection of auto-folding. The front sam has to be changed in all cars except for 2005+ built cars.

Lets face it .... if you can charge ₤500 for a can of oil and a filter why would you want to do something like poke around in the menu of the Star if it doesnt pay. I would think it would be worth your collective interests to make contact with Steve and see how it works out.

I thought that display was standard. On my 2001 C180 (W203) I get that display by selecting it with the steering wheel menu buttons.

Alfie said:
I thought that display was standard. On my 2001 C180 (W203) I get that display by selecting it with the steering wheel menu buttons.

You get fuel volume ? Seems unlikely unless it was an AMG thing. There is a lot missing from the Pre-2003 clusters but you dont know it until you try and activate it (and it isnt there).

Same applies to the ignition switch and front SAM. Things just dont appear.

miro said:
You get fuel volume ? Seems unlikely unless it was an AMG thing. There is a lot missing from the Pre-2003 clusters but you dont know it until you try and activate it (and it isnt there).
Does that mean that a cluster-swap would make these features apply to a pre-2003 vehicle?

Alfie said:

On my 203 i dont get anything like like that, doesnt really matter if it is an amg or not, looks kinda cool though.

What exactly do you require for that display to appear in your cluster ???

andy_cyp said:
On my 203 i dont get anything like like that, doesnt really matter if it is an amg or not, looks kinda cool though.

What exactly do you require for that display to appear in your cluster ???

Someone who has a specially modified Star Diagnose. Like Steve !

All W203 can display the tank volume. It is the "auto folding mirror on lock" menu that is missing on the Pre-2003 clusters.

Shude said:
Does that mean that a cluster-swap would make these features apply to a pre-2003 vehicle?

The "fuel in tank" mod works on all W203 but no dealer can provide this function. Only someone like Steve can do it.

I hear there are several SLK's visiting him each month for the cluster rectificaton.

If Steve isn't due in the UK I'm seriously planning a trip out there early next year.

A-AvantGarde said:
If Steve isn't due in the UK I'm seriously planning a trip out there early next year.

That seems to be the current thing. It wont be long before there is a boom gate at his workshop.

Steve who? and where is he based?

THat guy from the Netherlands! Steve Krabbenborg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom