W203 Audio Upgrades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chairman_mo

Car
C180K
Evening all

First post so bear with me.

I have just bought an 2003 C-Class coupe. It has an Audio 10 cassette tuner with a CD multi-changer in the glovebox. I'm not a big fan of cassettes and I want my glovebox back and I was looking for audio upgrade solutions with a dash mounted CD.

I don't really want to mess with the internal wiring too much and have seen an Audio 10 CD dash mounted CD unit for sale, will it plug straight into the original wiring and maintain the same functionality???

I have also seen a Command navigation unit of the same vintage, same question, will it fit straight on to the original vehicle wiring???

Many thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide

mo

Audio-10-CD is a straight swop. Make sure you get the radio code.

COMAND needs a GPS antenna, and a wiring adapter, but then a straight swop.

Both will use the CD changer (assuming you didn't remove it). If you also have the phone system, or digital BOSE system, then disconnecting CD changer without a "loop" device will break things as the connection is actually a fibre optic loop around all the audio related devices

Richard

Richard

Many thanks for the response

It does have a phone kit installed and I was ging to dump it until I saw the Bluetooth 'adaptor' on your website

One more question, does the Command navigation unit run its mapping system from a CD or is it installed on the unit??

Cheers

mo

Hi
CD in the slot, but system was designed in 1997 or thereabouts, so 5 digit postcode only, and a bit clunky, but the way it matches the dashboard etc is nice enough.
One thing to note though, CD needs to be in the slot for navigating, so you won't get to remove the CDC from the glovebox :-(

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom