1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

w203 c180 engine light

Discussion in 'Engine' started by zebmapara, Aug 31, 2013.

1. zebmapara

zebmapara Member

Car:
    w203 2006 c180 avan
    hi
    just made an observation today. my engine light has come on a few times in the past and it did today, but it looks like this mostly happens when i am stuck in traffic for a long time. i was stuck in traffic jam for nearly 2hrs today, crawling at 10mph, start and stop. car still runs as normal, mpg is still fine, it doesnt overheat. eventually the light goes off. any ideas please. thanks

2. AndyPCD

AndyPCD Registered User

Car:
    C250 cdi amg sport plus
    Its hard to say what it is. Could be a number of things.

Best thing to do is get the fault codes read.

Even if the light isnt on now it will still have logged a fault in the ecu.

3. c180081c

c180081c Active Member

Car:
    C250 Sport Coupe
    Mine did this, the fault code was always a code for running rich, can be a problem with the cam advance magnet leaking oil and creating a faulty connection to the o2 sensor, this can eventually end up with oil in the ecu, mercedes do a pigtail connector that goes in line to stop this, think its about £23. Just a thought, if not grab one anyway to avoid further problems