W203 C180 Fuel issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pigster

Car
C220CDI Sport
Hi

My 2001 C180 auto has just cut out on me today, it was a hot day, it was in traffic so when i got the chance i parked and turned off the engine. When I came to start it agein it fired up but died as soon as pressed the throttle peddle, and now just turns and turns but will not fire. So i am guessing fuel starvation. The car was running fine up until then.

Any one got any ideas as to what it could be?

I was hoping someone could point me towards any previous threads. I want to avoid stripping lots of stuff off the car to find out what it is as I thought it might be a common problem. Also any one know how to reset the central locking?

Firstly you can't be sure it's fuel starvation, it could be ignition or ECU issue etc.

But even if it is fuel starvation, it could be any one if many things e.g. clogged fuel filter (when was it last changed?), wrong fuel or water in fuel tank, faulty fuel pump etc (assuming, of course that there's actually fuel in the tank - the fuel gauge might be faulty).

You will need to start with reading the fault codes on MB STAR computer, which any good Indie should have. This might point you in the right direction.

I agree with markjay, you need a STAR Diagnosis. I recently had some running issues and slow starting. Turned out to be the fuel pressure rail.

Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom