W203 C32 Colour Change?

Change body colour from silver

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

My project C32 will be getting a full respray and I've been pondering whether to change colour from the standard Mercedes silver to something a little different.

What Designo colours were available in the early 2000's?

I like the sound of an Estoril blue (I know that's a BMW colour) but any suggestions welcome.

Or should I just stick with silver...

If silver doesn't come top in the poll I'll be amazed.

Bland grey would be my last choice in any car , so I'd vote for a change to anything . My Ponton used to be Steingrau ( Stone Grey ) and I'm so glad a previous owner changed it to its present red sometime in the early 1960's .

My own choice would be for a 'strong' colour - eg Signal Red , Nautic Blue , or good old 040 solid black .

If you want to stand out , then that bright yellow that some SLK's sported ( Yellowstone ? ) would be a bit different .

What interior does the car have ?

Chalcedony blue is a good colour, it's on my SLK and was a factory option.

If you want to stand out , then that bright yellow that some SLK's sported ( Yellowstone ? ) would be a bit different .

What interior does the car have ?
Yellow is a definite no-no.

It's got a full black leather interior.

At the risk of looking biased I would say Almadine Black !!

Sorry, no photos, I haven't yet worked out how to post them.
It is a very light blue and many people have thought it was silver on first sight.

Yellow is a definite no-no.

It's got a full black leather interior.

Yellow with black interior would give that 'Bumblebee' look , like the car in the Transformers movie:D

However , the black interior would work with black exterior ( my S203 has that combination , perhaps a bit too dark & sombre ? ) . The black interior could also work with bright red exterior or even something like Arctic White ?

Not sure that I'd want black interior with blue or green exterior ?

Comes down to personal taste in the end .

I'm not wanting to stand out as such, just something a little different from the normal.

damn, been done before:

160922d1247161326-my-designo-green-color-c32-14122008_002.jpg

Bobby Dazzler said:
Designo Mystic Blue :thumb:

What do you reckon?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom