W203 c320 Coupe 2004 VALEO radiator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amazighman

Car
CLK 430
Hello.

Just bought my W203 C320 Coupe facelift and upon carrying a vin decoding I found out that it has been delivered 08/2004.

I am aware that these cars suffer from glycol leaking into transmission if they are fitted with VALEO radiator up to production date 09/2003.

My car falls within the affected vins, and I think it has a VALEO rad which I can tell from crimping, but the problem was only untill 09/2003 delivery dates.
Some online googling revealed that the VALEO rads fitted after 09/2004 were installed properly so no issues.

The car drives fine no issues though and has done 90k mile.

I appreciate any input,

Cheers.

I've had a 2005 car suffer....

If you are worried then change the rad. It's not expensive to do so.

I was thinking Mercedes picked up the issue and corrected the VALEO radiators and upgraded them by 09/2003.

amazighman said:
I was thinking Mercedes picked up the issue and corrected the VALEO radiators and upgraded them by 09/2003.

As a rule that happened. Most fail at under 60k too.

There was a faulty batch fitted, doesn't mean the ones after a are bomb proof and won't fail.

There was a faulty batch fitted, doesn't mean the ones after a are bomb proof and won't fail.

i believe that there maybe failures but very rare with BEHR, as they use the same system as the valeo with integrated ATF cooler in radiator, like any equipment obviously has an end date.

i was just wondering if post 096/2003 Valeo radiators have been improved or modified in anyway to avoid the failure? or it is jjust case of better installation and lubrication before fitting to the vehicle in factory?

hopefully nothing to worry about.

From what I understand it was literally a faulty batch fitted to Mercs, I wouldn't worry in your case.

cheers guys, the document stated clearly that it is till 09/2003 issue , i guess sorted after that

Valeo Rads are pretty good, got mine from GSF, good price too!, only went to them after a bad experience with Wolverhampton Radiators, which i wouldn't use again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom