W203 Complete Interior change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Richardson

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W176 A class 180 cdi
I'm thinking of replacing my fabric interior inc doorcards & buying a half leather interior for my W203 coupe. I've removed & refitted the front door cards to fit puddle lights in the past so no worries there but what of the rear cards & seats, has any other member here caried out the job.

BTW thinking of doing this in about a months time ( need to save a little more money) and also buying used int from someone like Dronsfields

Anyone ?? :dk:

You should know that the CLK W209 seats are a direct fit at the front and require some small amount of workmanship at the back (due to seat backrest lock being different).

Otherwise, any change to leather is highly desireable.

You should know that the CLK W209 seats are a direct fit at the front and require some small amount of workmanship at the back (due to seat backrest lock being different).

Otherwise, any change to leather is highly desireable.

Ohh Thank you :thumb:

I'll investigate that one , so you're saying that CLK seats will fit into a w203 Coupe ?

If I've understood you correctly that'll open up more sales at Dronsfields & e bay

Dave

Well worth changing to leather imho- had a c-coupe until recently (btw c-coupe is CL203; w203 is saloon; s203 estate)
I would definitely hangout for some good used ones rather than new- you will save loads. Search ebay or breakers.
I particularly liked the two tone leather C-coupe seats with black outers & grey centre panels.
Rear seats are easy to change.
good luck

Ohh Thank you :thumb:

I'll investigate that one , so you're saying that CLK seats will fit into a w203 Coupe ?

If I've understood you correctly that'll open up more sales at Dronsfields & e bay

Dave

W209 seats have the following options
- Leather
- Heated
- Memory
- Dynamic contour
- Multi-contour
- Ventilated
- AMG sports seat

As far as I know, Steve K at MBENZNL did 2 of these conversions with last edition W209 full optioned seats. So there are at least 2 coupes running around with ventilation and dynamic contour.

At the back, the W209 has more evenly spaced seat backrest lock. The W203 Coupe has locks on the very edge closest to window. This difference is the only major detail which needs to be dealt with.

Too bad you are not in Australia. I have an unwanted black leather rear seat. Very low miles (CLC W203)

Note also that CLK W209 seats 4 people and not 5. But the subwoofer is awesome as it sits inside the cabin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom