w203 EPS FAULT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A decent Indie will have STAR. Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Its ok saying that but my local mb dealer are rude even when I have to order parts from them for work!
I dont wana go there through princaple

Fair enough, I just don't want you to waste your time and money guessing at it. Try and find an independent near you. They will be able to diagnose it quikly and it will save you ££ in the long run.

Did you check the yaw rate sensor plug for good contact and corrosion?

Problem solved:

after noticing that the brake lights were flashing last night when the EPS fault occured last night i decided to have a look at the brake light switch this after noon.
after removing the switch i noticed that the the plunger part must have a ratchet style adjuster inside. it was pushed all the way in and only just touching the pedal enough for the lights to work. i pulled the plunger right out
which felt a bit to loose for my liking, re fitted the switch with the pedal pressed down and then let the pedal up till it clicked to the right adjust ment!
iv done over 60 miles now and no problem. the fault go to the point where it was happening every time i pulled away after starting! so all looking good!
got a new switch on order any way! better off replacing it i think

Right iv located the YAW sensor, it is in the boot. iv also some how located some water around the sensor here is some pics just to show any one else with the problem
DSC_0412.jpg

the boot

I've got an ESP problem too and the pictures were a big help. Many thanks for posting them.

However, can someone help with a very basic problem? The area between the spare wheel and the back seat is covered with a piece of black plastic, which has been removed in the above picture.

It looks as though it's held on with two plastic clips, one at each end. See my picture below for the left side one. (Click on it to see it full size.)

These clips seem to be fixed so firmly that I'm wondering if they're going to break if I just try to lever them out. Is this the right way to remove this plastic cover or should I be looking for something else?

Attachments

• Boot floor.jpg
    Boot floor.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 56
To get those clips out ,s simples, just lever up the centre circle part and remove as there is a pin attached and that it , it will all lift off.

Many thanks. That worked fine. I now see the reason they seem to be fixed so firmly. The pin attached to the central circle part goes into a split shaft attached to the outer part, like a screw going into a rawlplug. So when the pin is pushed in, the outer shaft expands and locks tightly into the mounting hole.

When the pin is pulled out a bit, the outer split shaft is loosened and comes out quite easily.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to explain. Sometimes it's the simplest things that are unfamiliar and need explaining!

Greets
I have a C220 CDI (03) W203 which shows an ESP fault after startup. The AUTEL decodes this as a problem with the ESP centralisation switch which I'm told is mounted on the steering column. When I took it to the local MB dealership they 'recentred the steering' and the fault did not display for a day or so, but came back. I'm now looking for any info to access the centralisation switch or how to reset the steering positioning, hopefully this will not require me to take the complete facia off as i don't have a clue how to do that and it does not seem simple.
Your car may be similar maybe the MB experts could advise.

I have C200K (01) W203. I also got problem with ESP. Fault code is "C1120-004 N/64(ESP yaw rate Sensor): Zero point offset error of component". Can anyone give me advice to fix this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom