W203 front discs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nigel cross

MB Enthusiast
Car
W164 ML350 Audi S4
Need to change my front discs, which is the best choice original discs or Oem parts from Eurocar parts?

+1

I have a 2006 W203 C320 CDI Sport - looking for recommendations on new front discs and pads.

Seen some pagid ones on euro car parts - wonder what your experience is?

Thanks

I went for original MB discs and pads.

That was 5 years and 20k miles ago, and they are still good.

But this is not to say that Pagit wouldn't have been just as good - I do not know...

I've used Pagid & original MB discs over the last 8 years & cannot tell any difference between them.

Russ

Bigger is better. Why not consider going AMG. All you need is callipers, bolts, rotors and pads.

Great idea, have you got a spare set at a super price.
But do the Larger callipers have the same fixings?

I replaced my front discs and pads, plus rear pads, with Pagid about 12 months ago. So far so good. The rear discs didn't and still don't need replacing, but when they do I'll probably go for Pagid again. The front ones were about £30 - £40 cheaper from ECP than OE from the dealers, but I do have the sports package on mine.

There is no comparison between the 2. Buy genuine !!!!!

So Pagid makes brake discs for Mercedes and also sell them under their own name yet your advice is to buy them from Mercedes at a higher price for the same discs? I've been using Pagid discs for years and they are identical to the ones supplied by Mercedes.

Russ

So Pagid makes brake discs for Mercedes and also sell them under their own name yet your advice is to buy them from Mercedes at a higher price for the same discs? I've been using Pagid discs for years and they are identical to the ones supplied by Mercedes.

Russ

Unrelated to the price/quality issue, do you know for fact who makes the discs for MB?

Pagid, ATE, Brembo etc, one things for certain, Mercedes don't make them.

Russ

So MB use discs from these three manufacturers? Again, this is a fact?

I really don't know - trying to find out who MB use.

They don't use any one manufacturer, they will use 2 or 3 at any one time depending on requirements and availability. Or more importantly, who can provide them at the best price.

Russ

Most Manufacturers purchase discs from multiple suppliers across the production line - VAG are the worst culprit of this, and Mercedes aren't far behind!

This means that the AMG Discs might be made in one year by Zimmerman, and the next year Brembo - Or the Sport pack might be made by ATE one year and Brembo the next (these are simply examples)

Pagid, Zimmermann, ATE (Teeves), Brembo are some of the most common Teir1 suppliers to Mercedes for Brakes.

When it comes to replacing the discs - you can rest assured that any of the OEM suppliers will produce a part equal to the original one fitted. Pagid are a great example of this as all of the braking parts (Pads, Discs and others) are all Original Equipment Quality.

Pat

Great idea, have you got a spare set at a super price.
But do the Larger callipers have the same fixings?

Early W203 C32
Early W209 CLK55
Later W203 C55

All use the same brakes. The calipers dont cost that much at all. Out of hong kong they fetch very little.

The main difference is only that the mounting bolts are longer. A small but important difference. Directly attach and bleed the same. Why judge the difference between 2-ply and 3-ply tissue paper when you can go for a solid block of wood.

Fitted pagid discs and pads - 40% cheaper than Mercedes but still oem quality. From ECP.

Car is night and day - won't be able to give a valid review for a few weeks/months of use.

About 4 years ago I needed front discs and pads for my C270 S203, found the part numbers then looked on partsreunited.co.uk, got a good price from MB Manchester! Don't know if it still works though - the S203 left a couple of years ago and so far I haven't needed anything for the S204!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom