W203 Gearknob Removal (Manual)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogma

Car
None.
Hi chaps.

I'm in the process of tidying up my W203 C-Class coupe that I purchased a month ago.

To cut a long story short, the gearknob is severely flaking; so much to the point that it's actually cut my left hand a few times from using it.

I've had a search on here and the net and I'm struggling to find instructions on how to remove the current gearknob (the gaitor is fine).

Also, what options do I have in regards to replacing it? If I'm honest, I don't fancy buying one from a dealer, so would the following fit?

MERCEDES E, C CLASS W202, W210 ELEGANCE LEATHER GEAR KNOB 2001 | eBay

Mercedes C-E-S-CLK-Class Gear Knob Elegance Black | eBay

Thanks in advance :thumb:

Also, would gearknobs from a W202 fit a W203?

Cheers.

I once bought a manual gear knob in error, when I was looking for an auto equivalent. I see to remember they come as a pair both when ordering a new one and secondhand, so whilst you may be able to physically separate them, you probably won't need to unless to buy after market.

Pull out the gaiter from around the wooden surround - it will pull out without much effort.

Underneath the knob, under the gaiter, turn the knob 90 degrees anticlockwise. It will drop down the gear lever.

Pull the knob straight upwards, do NOT twist it, if you twist it it will be loose forever more.

Instructions above are for a 2202 C220 cdi manual. I hope yours is similar.

Good luck.

Cheers guys.

In terms of a replacement then, would the links above fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom