W203 Parktronic won't work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simppa80

Car
White W204 Mopf 220 CDI AMG
W203 facelift parktronic won't work. When i push buttoon in central console it Beeps and lights go to panels. Then when I put reverse gear on it beebs again and then went off. Also red light comes on in parktronic button.

Fuses are ok. Anyone know where I should find problem. I'm going next week local MB to check fault codes..

That might be quite a rare car, but by heck it seems to have quite a list of problems!!

If the display goes red it's indicating a fault. Get the error codes read by STAR.

I'm thinking you might have some list there...

I would think it is one of the sensors playing up but as whitenemesis says it needs to go on a star machine to have o fault codes read

That might be quite a rare car, but by heck it seems to have quite a list of problems!!

Is that quite list of problems if partronic wont work, there is no seat heaters and pads for gear shift and some light is missing in cluster? Or what do you mean?

This is new car for me and some people won't care about their car like others.
I buy it with these problems and going to get them solved. You don't have ever faults or problems with your car?

Is that quite list of problems if partronic wont work, there is no seat heaters and pads for gear shift and some light is missing in cluster? Or what do you mean?

This is new car for me and some people won't care about their car like others.
I buy it with these problems and going to get them solved. You don't have ever faults or problems with your car?

I mean you have purchased a car that appears to have a number of faults. You bought the car presumably knowing it needed some work, that's not a criticism of you. As you say some people (the previous owner(s) ) apparently didn't care to maintain the car.

Yes, I have had faults on my car. Over the 80k miles I've owned it there has been a creaking chassis rail and a split intercooler pipe.

Yes, I have had faults on my car. Over the 80k miles I've owned it there has been a creaking chassis rail and a split intercooler pipe.

Can I ask how many miles your car have now? I know cdi-motor and usually before 150k miles there start come problems with diesel injection system.

I had my last C200 CDI and it starts get faulty in 170k kilometres. First injector was serviced (maybe also cause of remap). It was also remaped so turbo starts to drink oil and make little whisle sound in cold motor.. I think remap file is so strong that turbo was running over rpms. .

So i sold it and now I have this. Propably not so good car than my prefacelift.. Who nows. I know after couple of mounth..

Last edited:
Mine has now done 81k miles..

I think you have a very sought after car. I have not heard of another one on this or any other forum. Well worth sorting out!

Mine has now done 81k miles..

I think you have a very sought after car. I have not heard of another one on this or any other forum. Well worth sorting out!
If none of you dont hava had problems with diesel fuel system it sounds very wierd. We talk it almoust every day in Finland.. In U.S. forum there is Diesel almost none i think. You have them in england.

Maybe all your car have so low km drived cars and all **** cars comes in our country..

Apologies, I forgot one. Glow plug failed at approx. 70k miles

Perhaps your climate is far more taxing on your cars?

Apologies, I forgot one. Glow plug failed at approx. 70k miles

Perhaps your climate is far more taxing on your cars?

What ever. So I let them check my parctronic by MB*.. End of thread.

What ever. So I let them check my parctronic by MB*.. End of thread.

oh? the advice you have here is good. it probably IS a sensor, and the best way to find out which is to have it plugged into star. obviously you have checked the sensors for damage (even a little dent...) and that they are fitted centrally to the holes? also they must be fairly clean too.

It works :)

Today I clean sensors and parktronic started to work! :bannana:
So there was only some mess in sensors. Both front and rear.

The one main thing that's missing from my facelift C270CDi is Parktronic and I was quite dissapointed about that.

At the time the salesman said to me that if I was going to keep the car for a few years then it was good to avoid Parktronic as it invariably gives trouble just out of warranty. I though that was just salesman's bullsh1t but I have read of a lot of such problems.

Incidentally I have colleagues in Finland and they tell me diesels are not very common as the annual tax is so high on them there.

If parktronic stops working, the first thing to always check is that the sensors are clean. If they are clean, also check that they do not have blistered/bubbled paint on which can cause faults.

Sensors often fail but at £40 each they arent bad... only problem is that you have to get plugged into star to identfiy the culprit.

Its also worth noting that a tow bar , even MB aproved , can triger faults with Parktronic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom