w203 Pre leather seat transplant info required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MecrazyBenz

Car
w204 C320 CDI Sport
Managed to buy a full black leather interior for my w203 coupe after months of searching/waiting - good old fleebay - £220 for a full set including door cards.

Picked them up on Sunday morning. They do need a clean though.

Anyway hoping to do the swap out next weekend, but need some info beforehand:

1) These are manual seats, but there are some electrical connectors under the seat which I think is something to do with the SRS sensor???? Can I simply unplug this from the old seat, fix the new seat in and replug the connector? OR will I get a SRS fault that will need to be reset using STAR? :confused:

2) Does anybody know what size torx socket is required to remove the front seats?

3) Any other tips on removing door cards and rear seats in the w203 coupe.
Will I need to unplug the airbag on the door or anything ??? :confused:

Alot of q's there but iv never done anything like this before so could do with some info please. :eek:

Oh and I will attempt to write a 'How-to' with piccys for future moders...

Seats: E10 or E12 socket

Door cards: T20, T30 and a wedge

SRS and power are all that are connected to manual seats.

I personally would have held out for full memory seats but then .... I am biased because that is what I did.

Seats: E10 or E12 socket

Door cards: T20, T30 and a wedge

SRS and power are all that are connected to manual seats.

I personally would have held out for full memory seats but then .... I am biased because that is what I did.

Thanks for the very usefull info.

Just need to buy some torx tools now.....

Full memory would have been nice, but as its the misses car, manual will do :p

A married man with delusions of saving money ... newly-wed ?

:p Nah.... somewhat approaching 6 six years ...short for some....a lifetime for others :crazy:

Me...somewhere near the latter, lol.

Back to topic though, will update when installed or when stuck.

deffos easier and more advisable to clean them before you install!

thanks for the tip....

though I actually took the initiative yesterday and gave them a good clean with a steamer and mf cloth. Im well pleased with the outcome, especially the door cards as they were dirty.

Didnt use any chemicals at this stage, but I do need to protect the leather with something - not decided what to use yet. Theres a lot of discussions on the detailingworld site so just doing some reading.

:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom