W203 rear hub removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy1983

Hello guys, first post so hello to everyone.

I am in need of some help, I have a 2004 c230 kompressor, w203 model, I am currently replacing the passenger rear hub as it is damaged. I have got everything off that can possibly come off but I am now stuck, I am having difficulty removing the the hub from the drive shaft.... And I was then going to take the drive shaft out and take it to a garage to be removed but not sure how to remove drive shaft without damaging it.
Can someone please tell or show me how to remove the hub from the drive shaft... It's so frustrating.

Cheers, going to go and give it a try soon then but, need to be getting a extraction/insertion tool by the looks of things, that's probably where I'm going wrong. And just pull drive shaft out.... Been trying that too but being a bugger, It will come out!!

Once the big nut (40) is removed (high torque) from the end of driveshaft the hub will just pull off the driveshaft splines with some small taps from a mallet, as you pull.

Yeah everything is removed and tried to hit it with a hammer earlier but to no success so have ordered a claw hub remover to get the annoying thing off and then new one on. Never had such an issue getting a hub off a car before, lovely well built German cars! Always learning!

I need to replace the differential output seal on an SLK R170 due to a leak. Can the rear axle be removed from the differential without taking off the backing plate. Some people are saying clips need to be removed from the inside and others say it can just be pulled away from differential?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom