W203 Safety Net/Dog Guard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Raywhit

Car
C220 CDi
Hi.
I have a 2001 C180 Estate (W203) and am looking for the retractable safety net that can be used when the rear seats are folded down.
The one that came with the car only fits the rear section and is too short to fit the front hooks when the seats are folded down. All that mercedes can offer me here is some metal contraption.

Are you sure its not just a bit stuck? I had the same problem but a bit of jiggling sorted it out.

Yep. Should work. Can't imagine MB having a short one and a long one!

Don't think so. Pretty sure I did try and looked like it had come to the end of its lot, plus I think I nearly broke it (the wife's car :()
The manual seems to hint at something different, so I don't know if this car has come with a different part fitted. It has been to the Merc garage for a service recently and I mentioned that I was after the one that can connect to the front hooks and they did not mention that the existing one would be able to???

Will however take another look this evening and let you know though

Just been out to check mine which is the same model / year.
The netting does reach but it did need a firm tug.

Just checked the safety net on my 2004 C270 estate...this pulls out to form the "safety net with luggage compartment enlargement" This came as standard with my car...(page 252 of owners manual)

Just checked my 2004 W203 (pre facelift so it'll be the same as yours) and the net does engage in both positions, although it does need hunky biceps to make it reach when the seats are folded down.

And the same for me on my W210.

Hi everyone. Absolutely correct!! :bannana:

I only ever tried it the once and tried to glare into the mechanisms and it looked like the end. :doh:

Just tried now and it pulled out with hardly any effort at all. :crazy:

And here I have been searching and searching for a replacement. Should have come here first.

Thanks everyone for your help.

It would be interesting to see if your dealer will still try to sell you that metal contraption.

Yes. Makes you wonder sometimes how much they REALLY know about the cars they are working on.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom