W203 Smashed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flash

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs
Was driving back home early hours of Sunday morning and a animal (baby deer) I am sure runs across the motorway and smacks the front of my car. I am ok but a fair bit damage to the car.

It will need a whole new bumper, off side wing and possibly door but the paint job will require re spraying the bumper front wing/door and blemishing the rear door. Under tray/wheel arch liner of the car has all been smashed and a couple of cables/wires which I assume are for PTS and the outside temperature are dangling as PTS no longer works in addition to the outside temperature reading in the instrument cluster. Front tyre on the off side also has deflated after the accident.

There is an error relating to the fog lamps as they were completely destroyed as well as PTS switch flashing on . Car is now at the Merc body shop.

Last edited:
Was driving back home early hours of Sunday morning and a animal (baby dear) I am sure runs across the motorway and smacks the front of my car. I am ok but a fair bit damage to the car.

It will need a whole new bumper, off side wing and possibly door but the paint job will require re spraying the bumper front wing/door and blemishing the rear door. Under tray/wheel arch liner of the car has all been smashed and a couple of cables/wires which I assume are for PTS and the outside temperature are dangling as PTS no longer works in addition to the outside temperature reading in the instrument cluster. Front tyre on the off side also has deflated after the accident.

There is an error relating to the fog lamps as they were completely destroyed as well as PTS switch flashing on . Car is now at the Merc body shop.

Baby Dear :eek: Baby Deer surely :D

Was driving back home early hours of Sunday morning and a animal (baby dear) I am sure runs across the motorway and smacks the front of my car. I am ok but a fair bit damage to the car.

Glad you are OK - that's the main thing

Baby Dear :eek: Baby Deer surely :D

Flash must have been anticipating how much it will cost!!! :crazy:

Sorry to hear that.

We were driving along the A22 yesterday and around Ashdown Forest they have signs up at regular intervals saying:

January to June
Number of collisions with deer: 122

That's almost 25 a month!

Not entirely sure what you're meant to do about it though. The speed limits are 40/50 mph anyway.

Flash must have been anticipating how much it will cost!!! :crazy:

Fair bit of damge done but hey least no one apart from the animal was killed.

Not entirely sure what you're meant to do about it though. The speed limits are 40/50 mph anyway.

I struck the deer at 70MPH in the middle lane and could not avoid it as it jumped across suddenly out of no where and had no time to react.

I struck the deer at 70MPH in the middle lane and could not avoid it as it jumped across suddenly out of no where and had no time to react.

You were lucky it was a small one. Friend of mine had his car written off hitting a larger deer at lower speed. Luckily he was OK, but people die that way sometimes.

Some family friends hit a moose in their range rover. The car was totally written off, yet the moose got up and ran off.

Not a good weekend for you either then!!

Glad you got away without injury.
Hope you get it all sorted out.

Some family friends hit a moose in their range rover. The car was totally written off, yet the moose got up and ran off.

The moose was prob uninsured :)

Hence the reason as to why Saabs and Volvos have always had a good safety reputation......common problem in Sweden.

that happens late on a weekend night when you cruise round Birmingham city centre-far too many mooses here i can tell you;)

Oh, dear. Did the dear say D'oh (doe) just before you hit it?

Cars can be repaired, just be thankful you weren't hurt.

glad you are ok.
BTW - my sister has the record (as far as i know) : she has had 2 deer (1 a stag) jump out in front of her :eek:

and none of them made it to the freezer :confused:

rob

I hit a moose once.

Chocolate was all over my windscreen!

Glad you are ok though. It could have been much worse....

glad you are ok.
BTW - my sister has the record (as far as i know) : she has had 2 deer (1 a stag) jump out in front of her :eek:

and none of them made it to the freezer :confused:

rob

What, you thought they were on their way to your freezer when they jumped out?:bannana:

Whacked a sheep @ 60mph head on in the X5 once. Sheep died, not a mark on the big BM, no dent, no blood, nothing. Sheep was upside down as I looked in the mirror.

Hence the reason as to why Saabs and Volvos have always had a good safety reputation......common problem in Sweden.
The "elk lanes" (hard sholder effectively) on A (and some B) roads means you get more time to spot the beastie coming at you as well.

Where our daul carriageways pas through deer areas, the highway authorities have placed reflectors on the edges of the road. These reflectors are designed to angle the headlights beam to dazzle any nearby deer and spook them before the car arrives.

Your very lucky the deer did not attempt to jump out of the way as they tend to come straight through the car windscreen! Not nice and usually fatal for all concerned!:(

regards
John

Sorry to hear your news Flash. I hope t get fixed OK soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom