W203 SRS restraint system is in fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amazighman

Car
CLK 430
Hello guys.
My daily driver c180 Kompressor w203 devlopped an annoying fault causing all driver door electricals to fail temperamentally , I though for sure it has to be the commo fault with door module so I bought a replacement and tested it but it turned out the wiring was not making a proper contact in one of the unions under the passenger sill trim.
After unplugging and cleaning that union which solved the problem I ended up triggering an SRS restraint system at fault error which I couldn't clear....I am sure I must have unplugged the side airbag while ignition is on.
Any ideas how to get rid of this annoying warning light? Any cheap diagnostic tool that can clear it or trick? Orbi must take it to a garage with proper gizmo? Is it expensive?
I ve heated of autel diagnostic tool can clear this bu they are about 80 pounds.
Any inputs are appreciated.
Cheers

I'm pretty sure that you need a special bit of kit to read and reset SRS error messages. - I don't know if the iCarsoft can do it, or if it needs to be Star.

I have read that icarsoft i980 can do it... Also autel eu702 but I couldn't verify those claims...
How much does star fault diagnostic cost at an indy or dealer?

I have the Autel MaxiDiag EU702 and it does indeed read SRS codes on the W203.

Obviously STAR will be better but for the price (under £100) the Autel is well worth it.

Another low-cost option is this one:

Carly for Mercedes - The Most Powerful Mercedes Solution

You can download the App and you will need to buy the propriety Bluetooth ODBII for it.

Thank you markjay.
Checked carly website and it does not reset airbag warning lights.
Where can I get a autel eu702 ,? All i can find is some Chinese sellers on eBay or China based websites with poor reviews.
Cheers

Think all the ones on sale are copies made in far east ...I am yet to find a genuine well known website or a local UK seller having them...
I think I will have to go with icarsoft i980....

The old Autel was superceded by the MD 802.

I checked these.md802 and they all over 150..I bought an icarsoft i980 for 85 quid and they claim it can reset the SRS light....I will try it next week

Used the icarsoft i980 and it indeed cleared the SRS warning light... And for the price I think it is good value.

I would recommend this tool...also easily available online and quite cheap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom