W204 2013 Stop/Start AGM Battery Change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whitelighter

Car
C220d
Halfords say on their website that they can change these, but having ordered the battery on line they are saying that actually they cant because it requires diagnostics.

I do need a new battery as the start/stop doesnt function well and a battery tester shows it as weak. Often only just 12v on the on screen check.

A couple of online video simple suggest starting the car, then changing the battery while its running. Is this feasible or not? If not, how else to do it?

Is that a Halfords store or a Halfords Service Centre as surely the latter would have diagnostics?

Did you price it up at MB parts?

I wonder is
Halfords say on their website that they can change these, but having ordered the battery on line they are saying that actually they cant because it requires diagnostics.

I do need a new battery as the start/stop doesnt function well and a battery tester shows it as weak. Often only just 12v on the on screen check.

A couple of online video simple suggest starting the car, then changing the battery while its running. Is this feasible or not? If not, how else to do it?

I wonder if something as simple as this will do the trick?

Air and Garage Tools > Auto Service

or

Draper EMS EOB Memory Saver - Machine Mart - Machine Mart

Only slight issue is that I think you will need a third battery in order to pull this off... do you have a second vehicle?

Doesn't the car monitor the battery and adapt its charge rate depending on age/voltage?

I think the point is you need to tell the car it is a new battery again so it can start a new cycle, otherwise you can kill the battery pretty quickly.

On the BMW they remove the monitoring strap and use it as a normal battery, not sure if you can do that on the Mercs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom