w204 Air bag Warning - Fornt right malfunction consult workshop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil888

Car
c220 cdi 2012 & ML250cdi 2013
C220 cdi w204 002

My engine was running while i was cleaning the air vent with air con cleaner, some foam spill over to the back of the driver's seat.

Bought a icarsoft i980 on ebay but it did not have the airbag reset option for my car, anyone can suggest any reset tool that can support my car ?

airbag%20warning_zpsisripuvg.jpg

IMG_7193_zpsg6qviyqy.jpg

I suspect it came out of the vents under the seats also, and has got on the airbag connectors that connect to the seat.

Richard

Yes Richard, i have clean everything up but the warning is still ON, i read up the warning will not go away until is reset with a reset tool.

I have try a icarsoft i980 which has no airbag option, looking at the foxwell NT630 which i been told by the seller it has this option for my car.

Hi

Well, at least you know what caused it. I use Star Diagnosis, so no experience of other scanners that can do airbag reset - sorry

Richard

Cant afford a Star Diagnosis nor paying someone £50 to £150 to reset this warning light. My best option is to buy a tool that can reset the icon and resell it on ebay afterward to recover the cost.

Are you sure the i980 can't reset the SRS/airbag light as I bought an i980 to reset the SRS warning of my Dad's W204 which worked no problem? I foolishly 'woke' the car up by opening a door with the seat airbag connector disconnected

Last edited:
There are no airbag option for w204 002 ( 2012 face lift model )
I can see the airbag option for some of the other w204 model but not my one.

There are no airbag option for w204 002 ( 2012 face lift model )
I can see the airbag option for some of the other w204 model but not my one.

Oh I see...My Dad's W204 is a 2009....

I have returned the icarsoft i980 and have ordered the Foxwell NT630 Pro, i hope this one will fix my problem.

Update to my last post.
Received the NT630 today "Magic" my problem solved.

NT630pro01_zps0ezo8tpl.jpg

NT630pro02_zpsfwvkiu4z.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom