w204 airbag light on after chaning seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alanshera

Car
mercedes w204 c220 cdi sport
hi every1 I was wondering if any1 out there can help me I have a 2008 w204 c220 cdi sport saloon
it had the half leather seats in it, I had the usual problem with the seat splitting on the drivers side
I brought a full leather seat set out of a 2012(w204) of eBay, after fitting the seats and resetting all the seats with a snap on computer
the passenger seat airbag light is on and the dash displays
front left malfunction consult workshop
the fault code on the reader is B1C1F13
have reset it many times and the fault keeps coming back
the seat occupied recognition (front Passenger) open circuit
can anyone tell me how to fix this please many thanks in advance

Yes, you'll either need to remove and replace the damaged occupancy sensor or fool it with some dodgy electronics.

It's not an uncommon fault, but it looks like a bit of a faffy job to me (haven'd had to do it yet).

Personally I think you're better-off replacing the occupancy sensor, but if you hardly ever have a passenger the box of tricks might be an easier option.

Just a heads up got the problem sorted changed the seat occupancy mat cleared the faults on OBD and hey presto no faults
hope this helps someone

Ive just bought a 2007 w204 cd220cdi and been sold sum 2013 leather seats and been told they wont fit .think ive been ripped off what yr was yours

Ive just bought a 2007 w204 cd220cdi and been sold sum 2013 leather seats and been told they wont fit .think ive been ripped off what yr was yours
If I understand correctly you tried to fit post-facelift seats into a pre-facelift car?

I havnt tried yet mine is 2007 and bought 2013 .the salvage yard said they wud fit

I havnt tried yet mine is 2007 and bought 2013 .the salvage yard said they wud fit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom