w204 brakepad warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sceh

Car
w123 240TD
I don't yet have a warning saying my pads are low but when it does light, how many miles, roughly, do I have before it becomes critical?

thanks

There's no way to tell how long as it depends on how hard and how often you apply the brakes. I can't think of a valid reason not to change them straight away?

I can't think of a valid reason not to change them straight away...

I am being lazy. I shall do them tomorrow when it is due to rain. The car has done 32k miles so it is probably due anyway

Last edited:
I can't think of a valid reason not to change them straight away...

I am being lazy. I shall do them tomorrow when it is due to rain. The car has done 32k miles so it is probably due anyway

Being a 204 you might need discs to, they don't last long.

Ditto - you'll almost certainly need discs (just replaced mine today). It's a really easy job to do.

Also I ran mine for 2K after the light came on, which I do appreciate is personal choice but I was told you're good for 2-3K by an MB tech.

A different car, but we had the light come on as we set off on a 1000 mile round trip, and they had plenty left when they were changed. I can't comment on your car, but there's not need to rush, just don't ignore it.

Also because the discs are seemingly softer, you don't have to worry as much about disc-lip as they being replaced anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom