W204 C180CGI 1.6 Turbo tuning options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Endex

Car
C180 AMG Sport Estate
Hi, have been looking around to see if there are any options for gaining a little more power and economy for the latest generation C180 engine. I have found a number of tuning boxes offering up to a 26% improvement in torque and BHP with some economy gain but would prefer to not invalidate warranty so does anyone know if Brabus does an Eco Xtra Power kit for this engine yet?

Hi, have been looking around to see if there are any options for gaining a little more power and economy for the latest generation C180 engine. I have found a number of tuning boxes offering up to a 26% improvement in torque and BHP with some economy gain but would prefer to not invalidate warranty so does anyone know if Brabus does an Eco Xtra Power kit for this engine yet?

I don't think Brabus do. Can you post a link to the boxes you have found. Normally these boxes only apply to Diesels.

edit: I stand corrected Brabus are offering CGI boxes listed under CLA.

Last edited:
Check out Carlsson. They offer a box....at a price!

The M271 1600 turbocharged petrol engine is already in a fairly high state of tune to compensate for its lack of cc's. It puts out more HP per litre than a AMG C63! I imagine this leaves less scope for a worthwhile power increase without effecting reliability.:dk:

We have a solution for the petrol variants on the way, we have invested a large amount in the current A45 project (which requires a plug and play additional ECU) and have over 35 cars currently running our stage 1..

We have plug and play solution coming for 180, 200 and 250 cgi engines :thumb:

I don't think Brabus do. Can you post a link to the boxes you have found. Normally these boxes only apply to Diesels.

edit: I stand corrected Brabus are offering CGI boxes listed under CLA.

R2D2 - I will post links to the boxes later from my PC. They are both of German origin.

The M271 1600 turbocharged petrol engine is already in a fairly high state of tune to compensate for its lack of cc's. It puts out more HP per litre than a AMG C63! I imagine this leaves less scope for a worthwhile power increase without effecting reliability.:dk:

Graeme - thanks, you make a fair point on the BHP per litre! I'm not after an earth shattering increases, just a little more BHP and torque as long as it is 'safe'.

We have a solution for the petrol variants on the way, we have invested a large amount in the current A45 project (which requires a plug and play additional ECU) and have over 35 cars currently running our stage 1..

We have plug and play solution coming for 180, 200 and 250 cgi engines :thumb:

Cheers Phil - I'll keep my eyes open!:thumb:

Hi Guys, new to the forum, just bought a 2014 c180 coupe with the 1.6. Has anyone tried the carlsson kit? I saw a guy over on mbworld who was convinced he'd fitted the brabus b18s kit on his 1.6!?

Surely its best to trade to a C200 if you want more performance.

With the 2013/14 range they only do the C180 petrol or the 220 and 250 diesels. The 220 was minimal difference over the C180 (+14 BHP - not worth it) and the 250 was nigh on 4 grand more...

Plus I got a fantastic deal on mine, just fancy a few more horses under the bonnet!

Anyone?

I imagine the recipe is a bit more turbo boost and some extra fuelling. Expect your mpg's to suffer a bit and you might need to run on better fuel. With modest power and torque gains the best gain may be in better driveability rather than performance

Always run on super anyways, don't do much mileage so not an issue. Improved throttle response would be the biggest improve my id hope for. Cheers for the input

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I was in MB Brooklands earlier and had a chat with the service manager regarding these Brabus CGI ECO Power kits. First of all, they are not cheap at about £1,300 but they improve, not decrease fuel economy, and reduce emissions. You also get improved throttle response due to mapping improvements and obviously a few more horses and more torque.

Not sure what MPG improvements would be in practice and I have no idea if the DVLA will recognise the reduced emissions; I doubt it. Also not sure what the insurance ramifications would be.

My E-Class Estate has the 211hp (metric) 2.0ltr turbo engine and the kit would do the following.

Before 211hp at 5500rpm and 350nm at 1200 to 4000rpm
After 245hp at 5500rpm and 380nm at 1200 to 4000rpm

Last edited:
Great info cheers boss

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I have been thinking about getting one of these kits fitted but I was wondering what the implications would be on the insurance front.

Before I call Admiral, who will probably have a 'brain explosion' simply trying to comprehend what the hell I am talking about, has anyone fitted similar in the past who could explain what the insurance implications would be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom