W204 C350 Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzedUP

MB Enthusiast
Car
NA
Is it worth remapping?

I was quotes about 25-30hp from an ECU remap on my car from a well known tuner.

Worth it or too much hassle? I know these cars are difficult to crack, so I’m told.

Cheers,

Jo.

I've remapped two petrol Mercs before and whilst they were both a bit more driveable I'm pretty doubtful about the gains quoted. In terms of throttle response I tried a sprintbooster on my car and it felt like it had 500bhp :) I removed it because I could see me getting into trouble, so quick to accelerate was it.

Think it depends on the tuner, I've had my C55 remapped and I could feel the difference, I’ve had a few timed runs.

It use to keep on pulling; there was no doubt there was a noticeable difference.

With the 350, 90% of the time I’m cruising at 70ish so I don't really use all the power but was just wondering having the car remapped might just improve the drivability and responsiveness.

I've been quoted £600 by DMS, maybe that's a bit too much?

£600 for a remap does seem a lot...

Sounds like a lot of money for something you'd rarely need or use. Why try to improve on something that's already fantastic? And would you risk invalidating your warranty? Put the £600 towards a trip to Europe instead and enjoy blasting down the Autobahn with only the 155 mph limiter to hold you back, followed by a drive to remember up the Stelvio Pass in the Italian Alps. Much better value. :D

The 306 bhp petrol engine is pretty lively in the E350 estate
Im not sure if i would notice an extra 25 bhp perhaps because of the way i drive it( steadily)

But if driven with spirit the C350 remapped could be interesting

"I've been quoted £600 by DMS, maybe that's a bit too much?"
I agree with you it does seem a lot ... Quantum have quote similar gains to me for 1/2 the price and are a large company so should be reputable. DMS say they give a 3 year warranty I think you are paying for it in the price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom